Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Two years...with his legs? Good luck with that one.

Once again, you are judging Lescott's ability and fitness based on the Premier League/Championship. This is not relevant in the SPL. Davie Weir played until his early 40's, Kolo Toure has just joined Celtic at the age of 35. I can't stress enough the gap in quality, it is huge. Average League 1 players have joined Rangers in the last 18 months and been stand out performers, really superb.

The reality is that Rangers and Celtic dominate games so much, the opposition do not really mount that many attacks per game. Toure and Lescott's of this world are not going to be run ragged in the SPL and IF they are for some reason, then they will be more than capable of dealing with the quality of striker they come up against.

Edited by Wonkertonk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wonkertonk said:

Once again, you are judging Lescott's ability and fitness based on the Premier League/Championship. This is not relevant in the SPL. Davie Weir played until his early 40's, Kolo Toure has just joined Celtic at the age of 35. I can't stress enough the gap in quality, it is huge. Average League 1 players have joined Rangers in the last 18 months and been stand out performers, really superb.

The reality is that Rangers and Celtic dominate games so much, the opposition do not really mount that many attacks per game. Toure and Lescott's of this world are not going to be run ragged in the SPL and IF they are for some reason, then they will be more than capable of dealing with the quality of striker they come up against.

All very valid points unfortunately I'm too busy dancin at the news of being rid of the ass clown to care.:)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wonkertonk said:

maybe but I imagine David Weir and Kolo Toure are players with good attitude who actually care about the game. Lescott played last season in the Premier League like he was on a testimonial tour instead of playing for his "boyhood" club

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Trouble is he really needs his defensive partner Richards alongside him to get the best out of him so I guess we are at risk of him leaving too

This is true.  Ah well, tis better to have loved yadda yadda.  There'll be other Richardseses in time :thumb:

Might actually be my favourite bit of news of the entire transfer window. 

Favourite Lescott moment: When he equalised for Everton before Young scored the winner at Goodison park. Thank you for the memories you absolute b**lend.

Â