Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I bet football fans the length and breadth of thr country couldn't wait to phone a premium rate number to disagree.

I don't disagree with the baiting nature of TS, but i also generally think that these people simply don't watch as much football as they claim. 3 or 4 years ago Lescott probably was better than anything Sunderland have, the fact he is now shot to peices has probably escaped them. 

9 hours ago, av1 said:

Not just manager's. I had TS on in the car today and Darren Gough and that prat Durham were both saying that Lescott was 'much better than what they have'

I used to love Darren Gough when I was a lad in the '90's . . . then he spent years trying to find a safe Tory seat he could stand for and developed a series of incredibly stupid opinions about sports he obviously knows nothing about, and I can't stand the man. 

On Wed Jan 25 2017 at 22:35, av1 said:

I don't disagree with the baiting nature of TS, but i also generally think that these people simply don't watch as much football as they claim. 3 or 4 years ago Lescott probably was better than anything Sunderland have, the fact he is now shot to peices has probably escaped them. 

That's my view....anyone who says he still has something to offer has not watched the guy since he left west brom.

On Thu Jan 26 2017 at 06:53, HanoiVillan said:

I used to love Darren Gough when I was a lad in the '90's . . . then he spent years trying to find a safe Tory seat he could stand for and developed a series of incredibly stupid opinions about sports he obviously knows nothing about, and I can't stand the man. 

When goughy talks about cricket, he is calm, measured and insightful in his comment. A subject he obviously knows a lot about. When he talks about anything else he becomes a loud mouthed idiot who tries to sound like Geoff Boycott.

As for that Durham bloke...jesus. At least Darren Gough has achieved SOMETHING in professional sport

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
53 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Easily my first pick if you asked me to choose the worst Villa XI in my lifetime.

The Lescott, Richards partnership is my CB pairing for my worst Villa XI.  The goals we conceded in the Villa 2-4 Southampton game in 2016 are some of the most we don't give a **** goals we have ever let in.  The second goal in particular still winds me up to this day.  The Leandro Bacuna back pass from 25 yards inside the Southampton half into the space behind our defence (i think this is the worst pass I have ever seen a Villa player hit).  Lescott thoroughly outpaced as he tries to keep up with Shane Long (although tbf Lescott is probably the least to blame as at least he turned and ran back).  The worst offender was Richards as he stands and watches at the half way line.  He has a 20 yard head start on the eventual goalscorer (Tadic).  Well I assume it is a 20 yard head start, it is hard to judge as Tadic isn't even in the shot when the ball is played.  Guzan actually makes the save, gives the defence a chance, but Richards having decided not to bother to help out turned up too late to stop Long from squaring the ball to Tadic for an open goal.  Absolute joke of a defence that was.  It's worth looking up the video, because I'm not really doing justice as to just how bad a goal it was to let in.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

The Lescott, Richards partnership is my CB pairing for my worst Villa XI.  The goals we conceded in the Villa 2-4 Southampton game in 2016 are some of the most we don't give a **** goals we have ever let in.  The second goal in particular still winds me up to this day.  The Leandro Bacuna back pass from 25 yards inside the Southampton half into the space behind our defence (i think this is the worst pass I have ever seen a Villa player hit).  Lescott thoroughly outpaced as he tries to keep up with Shane Long (although tbf Lescott is probably the least to blame as at least he turned and ran back).  The worst offender was Richards as he stands and watches at the half way line.  He has a 20 yard head start on the eventual goalscorer (Tadic).  Well I assume it is a 20 yard head start, it is hard to judge as Tadic isn't even in the shot when the ball is played.  Guzan actually makes the save, gives the defence a chance, but Richards having decided not to bother to help out turned up too late to stop Long from squaring the ball to Tadic for an open goal.  Absolute joke of a defence that was.  It's worth looking up the video, because I'm not really doing justice as to just how bad a goal it was to let in.

I thought it was looking back a hilarious moment, shows how completely shit that team was

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought it was looking back a hilarious moment, shows how completely shit that team was

Ahhhhrgh, I can't stop watching it!  It gets worse each time.  Players closer to our goal than Tadic when the ball was played - Lescott, Richards, Sanchez, Hutton, Westwood.  The 20 yard head start for Richards isn't even and exaggeration.  Tadic covered 70 meters in the time Richards covered (jogged) 40.  Lescott was the only one who even pretended to do his job.  The rest literally stood and watched.  That team was so bad it deserved to be relegated twice.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Ahhhhrgh, I can't stop watching it!  It gets worse each time.  Players closer to our goal than Tadic when the ball was played - Lescott, Richards, Sanchez, Hutton, Westwood.  The 20 yard head start for Richards isn't even and exaggeration.  Tadic covered 70 meters in the time Richards covered (jogged) 40.  Lescott was the only one who even pretended to do his job.  The rest literally stood and watched.  That team was so bad it deserved to be relegated twice.

part that pissed me off the most was that Bacuna could have tried that every game for Villa and never found one of his own players with a similar pass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Straggler said:

The second goal in particular still winds me up to this day.  

I thought the 1st goal was awful.  Lescott doesn't have Long marked at any point in that move, even allows him just to drift off his shoulder and doesn't even bother jumping to compete.  thank god our current defense/team isn't like that anymore.

Out of interest, can anyone remember why there is so much paper/litter round the edge of the pitch?

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

part that pissed me off the most was that Bacuna could have tried that every game for Villa and never found one of his own players with a similar pass

I miss that guy on here who thought Bacuna was absolutely brilliant.

1 hour ago, Straggler said:

I erased this from my memory. Enough time has passed now though that I can look back on it without wincing.

Jesus Christ. You could tell by the reaction of the fans behind the goal (what few there were) that it wasn't even surprising. I think I forgot just HOW bad we were back then.

• Like 1

Â