Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

51 minutes ago, hycus-flange said:

if he's failed a medical then that would mean he isn't fit/able to play professionally anymore (most would say they knew that over a year ago)

what's the possibility of claiming on the insurance and getting rid of him that way?

Trouble is he didn't fail , apparently.  It seems he just wants too much money 

55 minutes ago, hycus-flange said:

if he's failed a medical then that would mean he isn't fit/able to play professionally anymore (most would say they knew that over a year ago)

what's the possibility of claiming on the insurance and getting rid of him that way?

Has that ever happened?

1 hour ago, hycus-flange said:

It isn't that he's not capable of playing football it just means they've seen something that worries them,  could be anything which may or may not stop him playing at sometime in the future either permanently or more likely intermittently. 

Players fail medicals all the time but carry on playing. 

Though this is obviously pointless now as obviously wasn't the problem,  just the Scottish press making up something to cover up for the fact that a has been English players unwanted by a championship team didn't even want to play for the mighty Rangers. 

The thing with Lescott which annoys me more than anything is the fact that this is his club. The club he supported. You'd think he would sweat blood for the cause.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

He hasn't failed the medical.

Even if he had it wouldn't mean he isn't fit to play. Players 'fail' medicals and clubs pull out of transfers because they aren't prepared to sign players with underlying injuries not because they aren't fit to play football often other clubs are prepared to take the risk. Some recent examples are Ba, Boyd and Austin.

Anyway this didn't happen with Lescott.

I did put "if" at he start

i was just looking for another angle to remove the Klingon from our club.

44 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Even the great McGrath is in agreement....

Good man!

Has God been on the Whiskey again or does twitter change words clearing in the woods style?  I don't understand what he has said there other than the end part which is brill from the great man. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has God been on the Whiskey again or does twitter change words clearing in the woods style?  I don't understand what he has said there other than the end part which is brill from the great man. 

Ahh think I have it now. Son of one = beer steward? 

When Paul McGrath says something like that, it hits home.  I remember a couple of years ago speaking to one of the players who won the European cup with us.  He hasn't earned a fraction of what Lescott has but he was adamant that he wouldn't trade it for the riches that todays players enjoy.

It is one thing to be disliked and criticised by supporters-It happens all the time.  To be criticised by fellow professionals and one as great as Paul McGrath is something else, a different level again.

Lescott has really let himself down, as well as the likes of us.  He cheated a living last season, he cheated the fans, he cheated his managers and he cheated his team mates who actually cared and tried.  I find it tragic.  Lescott was a great defender who achieved a lot in his career.  What a shame that so many will remember him as the gutless cheat who let everybody down and was even questioned by ex players whom he is not fit to lace the boots of.

I don't have the hatred of Lescott that many do-For me, it is more disappointment.  Had he tried, it probably wouldn't have made a difference ultimately so the real long term loser is Lescott himself.  He will always be remembered by everyone connected to Villa as the gutless, spineless cheat who didn't have to heart for a fight. 

• Like 3

On 2016-08-20 at 11:40, Xela said:

The thing with Lescott which annoys me more than anything is the fact that this is his club. The club he supported. You'd think he would sweat blood for the cause.

As someone so nicely put it when he joined, he finally got the move to the club he started supporting in retirement...

• Like 2

Please let the dream team of Illori and Lescott finally come to fruition.

Aston Villa central defender Joleon Lescott has been offered to Greek clubs Olympiacos and AEK reveals Greek website Sport24.

The 34-year old English defender saw a move to rangers collapse very publicly last week and it now looks unlikely he’ll be off to Glasgow and the Scottish Premier League.

It was reported Lecott’s move to Rangers broke down because of family reasons, with Glasgow being too far away. Therefore it’s unclear why a move to Greece will make any sense, if he feels Glasgow and Rangers are too great a distance.

Olympiacos have been linked with Liverpool’s Portuguese defender Tiago Ilori, and we’ve covered it before and now they reportedly have a chance to sign Lescott.

AEK are also in for Lescott after their boss Temur Ketsbaia made him 1st choice target after Marseille’s Rolando rejected the club. The Greek SuperLeague is currently postponed due to security reasons and will start after the international break.

Aston Villa fans grew frustrated with Lescott a long time ago and they probably feel Greece isn’t far enough.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villas-lescott-offered-two-new-far-away-clubs-rangers-collapse/

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

It was reported Lecott’s move to Rangers broke down because of family reasons, with Glasgow being too far away. Therefore it’s unclear why a move to Greece will make any sense, if he feels Glasgow and Rangers are too great a distance.

Its respected concept created by Robbie of Chavage. 

So what are you going to do now Joleen,

you know your image has lost its sheen,

the villa fans just want you gone,

even McGrath's called you a son of one.

Your time is up, the race has run,

we only wish we could say it's been fun,

out you go, away with you demon(!),

please please please someone tell me he's leaving.

Â