Decent boozers in solihull brimingham

Kbdrum88

On a business trip to solihull for a new job Sept wed 9th and Thurs 10th got a hotel both nights but no work on the Friday and my transport back isn't untill 2pm on the Friday, so being a I got a free night thought I'd have a few pints. So can anyone recommend anywhere with a good atmosphere to have a drink in the area ???

I understand it would probably be better to go into the city, but me and my mate who are up there for two days, realistically just want to go somewhere a bit lively within walking distance of the hotel if there is such a place.. don't really fancy getting a taxi into the city and getting sucked into madnight out or lost or both, as were both from wales not really that familiar with birmingham.

Moor Street which is a literal stones throw from the Selfridges building and all of 500 yards from New Street. Off the top of my head the last train back to Solihull from Birmingham runs back at 23:30 in the week.

Most trains from Solihull into Birmingham stop at Snow Hill and Jewellery Quarter too so St Paul's Square is easy to access.

just out of curiosity would we be going to moor street or new street via train if we were to go into birmingham ???

Moor Street. But they are within spitting distance anyway.

I used to live in Solihull, but it was a long time back now so couldn't really tell you the best places to go. I'd probably stick to either The Slug and Lettuce or TGI Fridays in the Touchwood shopping centre if they are still there. Solihull is generally considered a kiddy town.

The Farm in Monkspath, desco lounge Stratford red Shirley, victory bar in village inn hotel, Miller and Carter steakhouse, lazy cow in Solihull town centre just to name a few. Several 'in the sticks' too.

Edited by villa_shere

If you're talking Solihull town centre then it's slim pickings really. I'd probably say Slug and Lettuce at the back of Touchwood or the Lazy Cow. Metro bar is ok sometimes too and Apres has its moments. I'd stay away from the wetherspoons, hogshead, Assembly Rooms, Coach House and Saddlers. Chav central.

If you're happy to go slightly further afield try The Farm in Monkspath or Mortons in Dickens Heath. Mortons is a good atmosphere I find.

Â