Weekends football 28/30 August

andykeenan

just saw Liverpool highlights, did people think Coutinho shouldnt have got a red card?

Never, it's just another season where football slowly turns into a non contact sport

Nobles wasn't a red card either, a talking too yes, mayby a yellow but a straight red? No way

just saw Liverpool highlights, did people think Coutinho shouldnt have got a red card?

Never, it's just another season where football slowly turns into a non contact sport

Nobles wasn't a red card either, a talking too yes, mayby a yellow but a straight red? No way

I don't think Noble's was a free kick. 

Coutinho was very unlucky.

Oddly Mitrovic got a lot of sympathy on BBC radio, but I thought that was red all day long.

Oddly Mitrovic got a lot of sympathy on BBC radio, but I thought that was red all day long.

I can see why noble get caught, he overrun the ball and lunged in, in all honesty he knew he wasn't winning that ball back, which for me is why it warranted a talking to

Noble was extremely unlucky, coutinho's would never be a straight red but have seen a yellow for less and it was his second yellow.

As for mitrovic, he knew exactly what he was doing. Spent more time looking at coq-au-vins leg than trying to challenge for the ball. What a record already, 3 appearances resulting in 2 yellows and a red!

I can see why noble get caught, he overrun the ball and lunged in, in all honesty he knew he wasn't winning that ball back, which for me is why it warranted a talking to

From the TV  saw, he got to the ball first, tipped it away and then caught the player with the top of his boot as he went through, I think the ref thought that a.) he'd not got to the ball b.) he had his studs raised c.) he gone for the man. That's three wrongs - even the most Halsey of refs rarely get three things wrong in a single tackle.

• Like 1

From the TV saw, he got to the ball first, tipped it away and then caught the player with the top of his boot as he went through, I think the ref thought that a.) he'd not got to the ball b.) he had his studs raised c.) he gone for the man. That's three wrongs - even the most Halsey of refs rarely get three things wrong in a single tackle.

Yeah just watched it again, when I saw it last night I thought noble didn't get the ball but after watching again he won the ball so yes, I agree it wasn't a free kick let alone a red card

• Like 1

Â