Pre Match Thread

dont_do_it_doug.

We will be fine. They are not a good side

Yep. I've been pretty pessimistic about all things Villa over on the main forum, but Blues are terrible. Sure they'll be up for it, and Rowett seems like a good young Manager but we should be beating this lot convincingly.

If we are up for it we'll win, if we aren't up for it Sherwood will get Pelter's.

Yep. I've been pretty pessimistic about all things Villa over on the main forum, but Blues are terrible. Sure they'll be up for it, and Rowett seems like a good young Manager but we should be beating this lot convincingly.

If we are up for it we'll win, if we aren't up for it Sherwood will get Pelter's.

They are not a Terrible side. 1 loss in 7 in a difficult Championship says otherwise. The way we are playing we would struggle in that league. I worry for this game, they are also a squad of grafters, we.............................are not.

• Like 1

Take all the local rivalry stuff away and strip it back to basics.

We're playing a Championship side at home in the early stages of the league cup.

Any other Championship side and there would be about 25k there at the most and we would all be expecting a safe passage to the next round.

This is the approach I'm taking. Some people are getting too carried away

We're playing a Championship side at home in the early stages of the league cup.

Any other Championship side and there would be about 25k there at the most and we would all be expecting a safe passage to the next round.

Maybe because SHA's players know the importance of the game and will be   up for it. Just like West Brom, maybe even more so. We on the other hand have a team full of bottle jobs 

They are not a Terrible side. 1 loss in 7 in a difficult Championship says otherwise. The way we are playing we would struggle in that league. I worry for this game, they are also a squad of grafters, we.............................are not.

Have to agree to disagree Mate, we should be beating this lot convincingly. 

Have to agree to disagree Mate, we should be beating this lot convincingly. 

we should but look at our record against lower league teams, we either get beat or really struggle and blues are a decent championship side with some decent players and plenty of grit. if we play well we will probably win but we dont really do playing well and thats the concern especially at home where we are awful.

Just been watching the 5-1 match. TS should make them all watch it. See how the team should play for each other.  Hear how the fans support them when given something to support. Sure as hell helped me get over yesterday! 

• Like 2

We had an anything but a safe passage to get past Notts County. 

We had an anything but a safe passage to get past Notts County. 

and leyton orient the season before and thats without mentioning the others.