Pre-match thread

NulliSecundus

I've nothing against Clarke but watching Sanchez last night he gave a master class in how to defend with your head and was clam playing the ball out with his feet.

So you would play him in plaice of Clark?

• Like 2

They seem to be confident they'll get something from us.

Based on what twisted logic? I'm not saying they definitely won't, but they are a **** shambles and we, to my mind, are showing signs of clicking.

I'm more confident than they are I assure you.

At home against the worst team in the league. I hope Sherwood drops one of westwood, Sanchez and Gana to make sure we play 4 attacking players.

If everyone is fit I'd go

Traore.......Grealish........Sinclair.

.............Gestede.................

If Traore is not fit then put Sinclair and Grealish out wide and Gil in as number 10.

I always get worried when we have these supposedly "easy" games.

Swansea must have thought they were in for an easy 3 points and only ended up with a draw.

We should have enough to win, but I'm sure Tim won't be taking anything for granted. 

• Like 1

Sanchez at DM and Clark at CB. Clark had a mediocre match against Palace but has largely been good even going back to last season. You want to continue to develop the Richards-Clark partnership.

We have only conceded 2 goals in 3 matches with our back 4. I think defense is the least of our worries. We need goals. 

Guzman

Bacuna richards Clark amavi

Sanchez. Gana

Sinclair. Gil. Grealish

Gestede

I think this is a good attacking lineup but with Sanchez we should keep a good midfield shape with gil potentially dropping deep .

But no doubt gabby will be in there

If we lose this, maybe Lerner springs for a top class striker on Sunday...

Yep, I have a nagging feeling that for all our trying, we will snatch defeat from a frustraing 0-0 draw at the death. Then, the panic button will result in a £15m punt on a london based striker. The rest of the season will then be nice and comfortable.

No ITK... but I do have a very cloudy crystal ball.

Need the win going into the break. 6pts from 12 is decent enough in this latest rebuilding process.

Seen this sort of home game end 0-1 on so many occassions it would be a mistake to think the win is a given.

Yes Sunderland are awful, worse than us, but in Defoe they have a player who can always get a goal. We dont really have that.

But their defence is a gift that will always keep giving, im going for 2-1 (Sinclair, Gana)

• Like 3