Adem Ljajić

Villarocker

I would imagine this would be bad news for Gil if it comes off.

Why?

Sherwood showed a strong propensity last season for playing with 2 number 10's. He made a comment the other day about Gil and Grealish playing together. We've not been able to do that so far due to injuries, we had no replacement for a knackered Grealish on Saturday.

Having 3 number 10's isn't overkill, especially if as I said you have a propensity for playing 2 at a time.

But with Traore, Ayew, Sinclair and gabby as well, theres only so many you can play behind a striker.

I don't think any of those are a 10, but I could be wrong. Pretty sure Ayew will end up a striker.

Even if so, why bad news for Gil but not Sinclair, or Gabby?

Why?

Sherwood showed a strong propensity last season for playing with 2 number 10's. He made a comment the other day about Gil and Grealish playing together. We've not been able to do that so far due to injuries, we had no replacement for a knackered Grealish on Saturday.

Having 3 number 10's isn't overkill, especially if as I said you have a propensity for playing 2 at a time.

But with Traore, Ayew, Sinclair and gabby as well, theres only so many you can play behind a striker.
I don't think any of those are a 10, but I could be wrong. Pretty sure Ayew will end up a striker.

They're not all number 10's but you either play 2 behind one striker or 2 wide with 2 strikers. We have a lot of players who can fill those positions. Signing this guy probably would also be bad for those 2, although Sinclair could play wide in a 4-4-2 and gabby could play upfront.

Welcome

What!?! Why do people bother posting this shit still!?

Anyway, I wonder whether this will follow the pattern of most of our other transfers this summer:

- Reports of our interest break out in foreign media

- Lots of our fans state that they just cannot see it happening.

- Reports and speculation increases and people start to believe it's happening.

- It becomes entirely clear that it will happen.

- It then goes quite for a day or two causing cries of "Nah this isn't happening!" and "Typical Villa to **** this one up"

- Reports suggest another club is in for the player causing mass panic and knicker wetting.

- Players signs and widespread group masturbation breaks out.

Can I go straight to the group masturbation please?

• Like 2

Another one out of nowhere, would be a very good signing and somewhat of a coup.

I'm still sceptical it'll happen but you never know, we all thought a lot of our transfers were pie in the sky.

Hardly out of nowhere, was reported in mid July aswel that we were linked

Why?

They're not all number 10's but you either play 2 behind one striker or 2 wide with 2 strikers. We have a lot of players who can fill those positions. Signing this guy probably would also be bad for those 2, although Sinclair could play wide in a 4-4-2 and gabby could play upfront.

But still only 2 who can/will play behind the striker?

I would like us to sign him as he looks like he can score goals, which is something I'm not sure Grealish or Gil are going to do too much of. Plus he can take a set piece.

At the moment we need to get goals from midfield and none of Gueye, Veretout, Sanchez or Westwood fill me with much confidence on that front either. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with those 4, I just think their strengths lie elsewhere.

Signing a midfielder who can get 5-10 goals per season, plus a striker that can get 10-15 goals would be great. Oh, and a CB.

I think its pretty obvious that TS is looking for 'goals by committee' approach instead of having one target man that will bang in 18-20 goals.  I've never been comfortable with our team being so reliant on one player for all our goals.  This is why I've never been sold on all the Austin talk.

I personally am a fan of the committee approach.  We have signed 4-5 players that are capable of 5+ goals each.  Ayew, Gestede, Veretout/Gana (combined), Adama, Sinclair... If we get Ljajic too- fabulous- that is a 6th player capable of another 5-10 goals.  The more the merrier!  :D

Our team becomes more dangerous when we have more weapons- TS can ride the hot hand when one presents itself.  I fully expect one of the names listed to surprise us all and net more than 10 goals.  My money is on either Ayew or Gestede.

UTV!

I think its pretty obvious that TS is looking for 'goals by committee' approach instead of having one target man that will bang in 18-20 goals. I've never been comfortable with our team being so reliant on one player for all our goals. This is why I've never been sold on all the Austin talk.

I personally am a fan of the committee approach. We have signed 4-5 players that are capable of 5+ goals each. Ayew, Gestede, Veretout/Gana (combined), Adama, Sinclair... If we get Ljajic too- fabulous- that is a 6th player capable of another 5-10 goals. The more the merrier! :D

Our team becomes more dangerous when we have more weapons- TS can ride the hot hand when one presents itself. I fully expect one of the names listed to surprise us all and net more than 10 goals. My money is on either Ayew or Gestede.

UTV!

Takes us to about 40 goals this season

something on sky popping up about daily fail and us failing in our bid.

if Tom fox ruled it out, seems like a bit of story about nothing - shopping him out?

correction: daily Star is their sauce.

Edited by Neil

Tom Fox has confirmed we are not after Ljajic at all.

He just told Howard Hodgson at the game.

Howard Hodgson? I don't believe a thing that muppet says. In fact, I'm more likely to believe the opposite.

Also, would Tom Fox leak transfer details to some social media loudmouth, just because he is in the directors box? No, I don't think so...

I think this is where the difference will be now with some professionals running the club... Although Howard has some serious links to the club I can't see the CEO confirming that we're in for a big name player like Ljajic, even if we are in for him or not. Howard is known to put a lot of the stuff he is told out in the public domain and anyone with any media savvy high up at AVFC will be aware of this so as to not leak information to him.

Just throwing the cat amongst the pigeons!

Edited by DeadlyDirk

Howard Hodgson? I don't believe a thing that muppet says. In fact, I'm more likely to believe the opposite.

Also, would Tom Fox leak transfer details to some social media loudmouth, just because he is in the directors box? No, I don't think so...

I don't know him personally but know people who do and he is by all accounts a top bloke. Just saying.