Pre match thread

roonst83

My daughter's second visit to Villa Park this evening... Hopefully she'll see a hat full of goals for the Villa.

I'm taking the missues to VP for the first time, Hopefully a decent crowd and good atmosphere.

Please no pissing about with the team. Strongest team available.

We've shown year after year that were not capable of fielding a weakened side and beating teams.

Just win the **** game.

To be fair, it doesn't seem to matter how strong the team is - we've had such a dodgy record against lower league teams in recent years. Not sure if it was a Lambert thing.

We've shown year after year that were not capable of fielding a weakened side and beating teams.

Just win the **** game.

To be fair, it doesn't seem to matter how strong the team is - we've had such a dodgy record against lower league teams in recent years. Not sure if it was a Lambert thing.

I dunno, I've just has this sense that we believe we're good enough to coast through with fringe players when we're nowhere near good enough.

We weren't even good enough under o'Neill to do that.

Just hope we go out there all guns blazing and batter them.

Seeing as we have a load of new signings who all need some competetive game time, I'd like to see us use tonight to get as many players minutes on the pitch as possible that haven't had the opportunity so far. Could be very valuable for Sherwood and our season.

First home game in the season after we won the league was against these,  they were newly promoted.  I'll never forget how devastated I was that they beat us.  For a few years after they then became our bogey side IIRC.  

Just win the **** game.

I dunno, I've just has this sense that we believe we're good enough to coast through with fringe players when we're nowhere near good enough.

We weren't even good enough under o'Neill to do that.

Just hope we go out there all guns blazing and batter them.

We had a game on Saturday, we have another game next weekend, I really doubt we're going to play a full-strength side tonight. The fact that no seniors appeared in the U21's the other night also suggests this will be a chance for squad players to prove themselves. I'm not going to bother choosing an XI because it could be almost anything but:

Players I Think Should Start

Bunn

Bennett

Hutton

Veretout

Ayew

Players I Think Shouldn't Start

Guzan

Amavi (facing a circa 40 game season anyway if he stays injury-free)

Gestede (not fully fit, three games in a week is too much)

Everyone else I don't much mind about. 

I agree if he's tired or very tired after his last match, but he might be still severely lacking match fitness or just lacking match fitness.

I agree if he's tired or very tired after his last match, but he might be still severely lacking match fitness or just lacking match fitness.

^ She purdy.

..me?  :wub: