Should Villa change their badge back to the round one?

NibblyPig

Which is your preferred badge?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preferred badge?

• The current shield ("Prepared")
    • The round one (used from 1970s to early 90s)
    • Other (specify)

got to be honest but I hated the round one, no prepared on it and no tradition.

We have to use the sheild and prepared but wioth no **** stripes !!

I'd like to see the round badge back, a simple round crest with the lion and 'Aston Villa FC'. Less is more after all, but i'd happily accept the crest we've got at the moment if we lost the stripes and had a bit of real claret instead of the pink we have at the moment.

Wasn't the round badge a DOug Ellis invention?

Oh please please don't turn this thread into another tedious anti Ellis rant.

Give us a break!

Perhaps you would care to either

a) Retract that frankly paranoid statement

or

B) Explain to me how me pointing out that the badge was introduced by Doug Ellis constitutes a rant.

Or do you just like starting arguments for the sake of it?

I like the old circle badge on my 1982 retro shirt, but i think it would look out of place when compared to all the newer badges of the rest of the PL, the one weve got now is fine, unlike the previous one where the prepared was out of the the shield, no that was horrible.

Or anti-Ellis for that matter.

Come on avfc1982, tell us how you are the best fan in the world again.

Tell you what John you go and find the quote from me where i said i was Villa's best fan then i might just take your rather silly post seriously.

Is that a deal then??

Oh please please don't turn this thread into another tedious anti Ellis rant.

Give us a break!

Perhaps you would care to either

a) Retract that frankly paranoid statement

or

B) Explain to me how me pointing out that the badge was introduced by Doug Ellis constitutes a rant.

Or do you just like starting arguments for the sake of it?

a) No

B) No

and no.

a) No

B) No

and no.

So, with all due respect, WTF do you think you're on about?

You see, if you were being less argumentative and paranoid, then you might perhaps percieve that the round badge was part of the rebirth of the club in the late 60s early 70s. part of the whole rebranding thing that Doug Ellis was very much at the heart of.

So, what I would like to suggest, as you're not going to retract your comment, is for you to shove it where the sun doesnt shine. OK?

a) No

B) No

and no.

So, with all due respect, WTF do you think you're on about?

You see, if you were being less argumentative and paranoid, then you might perhaps percieve that the round badge was part of the rebirth of the club in the late 60s early 70s. part of the whole rebranding thing that Doug Ellis was very much at the heart of.

So, what I would like to suggest, as you're not going to retract your comment, is for you to shove it where the sun doesnt shine. OK?

You say all that and you've got the nerve to call me paranoid??

So you want me to retract my "please don't turn this into an anti Ellis thread"? Why would i want to retract that, is it deeply offensive to you or something? You know there are fans out there that are bored rigid with reading stuff where others blame all the ills of the world on Doug Ellis and are glad to have a thread where he isn't even mentioned. That's why i said what i did.

PS, i've just read through you two posts to me, and then i read what you said about me being argumentative and paranoid.

A classic i must say. Talk about double standards.

]

You know there are fans out there that are bored rigid with reading stuff where others blame all the ills of the world on Doug Ellis

Right then, one last post on this, as you clearly having some difficulty understanding this rather simple concept.

Small words so you can understand OK?

I am not blaming Doug Ellis for the badge. I am in fact praising his early efforts at the club.

Now then, how do you translate that into an anti-Ellis rant?

So?

See Pete's comments Ligs before you start to try and cause a few more flames. Stand on the outside young fella

Â