• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

It would be nice to have 10 players good enough to carry good old Gabby through games. 

It would be nice to have 10 players good enough to support Guzan and cover the odd error.

It would be nice to have 10 players good enough to ease Grealish in and protect him.

It would be nice to have any players good enough to give the new guys time to bed in.

It would be nice to have a player good enough to take charge on the field when Sherwood is in thinking mode.

• Like 1

How is that a worse team Briny? Gets rid of 2 of our worst players in Gabby and Bacuna and Sinclair has played striker in his career

Exactly. A few guys on here are blind to the fact gabby is poo and it's a squad game we have to see what other players can offer

After a decent first half an ex Sha player and a player who we were heavily linked with score against us to give them the win. This combined with the fact that we handed Palace their winner on a plate makes it a truely horrible day.

Went to the game, had to sit in with palace fans :( Had perfect view of gabby's miss when he was clean though... Awful miss that completely sums him up. Sinclair should be ahead of him every time, or any of our other forwards. Also I think Amavi struggled without Sinclair in front of him, as Jack was floating around more central trying to make things happen Amavi struggled. bacuna was very poor and every time we were attacked down his side it felt like they might score... Traore was brilliant, palace fans were all shitting it every time he got the ball and a few around me immediately declared he is to good for villa! Overall think Tim must take blame for setting the team up wrong yesterday and being to slow to react with subs.

I'm not too disheartened by the result Palace are a decent team and I'd expect them to finish above us this season

And that comment, true as it may be, shows how far AVFC have plummeted.

• Like 1

very true, i was talking to my neighbour the other day about how clubs like southampton,swansea, palace are ahead of us in terms of moving forward as clubs, shocking really and they have not long come back into the top flight.

3 games played, 1 goal scored. Totally unacceptable.

A bit harsh, really I think it's more like 2 goals scored because Traore made that brilliant run all the way to the byline and put in a fast, dangerous cross. When a team scores an own goal it's often because the opposition did good work to force them to score it. But yeah, we haven't been good enough overall, I'll agree with that. If only Guzan had kicked up field instead of giving Amavi such a dangerous pass with just three minutes to go, noooooooo ! : (

"I can't stand it, I just can't stand it"

Edited by robby b

I think it was the fact that the ball was rolled to him with nowhere for him to go and no-one offering him any decent support. With four minutes to go... Great thinking, Goose.

Amavi made an error in trying to play himself out of trouble rather than just booting it out into touch - which is what Guzan should have done in the first place - but he is young and I guess that will be a lesson point for him. Guzan is experienced enough to know better. (But we really need a better goalkeeper).

Same old villa.

No backbone

No brains

No future

Relegation beckons unless we can make 3 or 4 more quality signings

I think we only NEED one more quality signing. We will be fine if we spend every penny we have on a consistent goal scorer. Might be nice to have more depth in defence etc but the only thing we need is a striker, without one we're in big big trouble.

Are you sure?

Guzan looks like a liability every time he has the ball at his feet and our defence looks far from stable.

Though i do believe we lack a finisher im more worried about us at the back. We are a very mentally soft team also as evinced by the number of early and late goals we concede.

Â