Pre-Match Thread

ismail-villa

Hoping either is fit and can play behind the striker(s)

If available i'd like us to line up either as

.................Guzan

Bacuna.Richards.Clark.Amavi

...............Sanchez

.....Westwood.....Gueye

...................Gil

.........Gestede.Sinclair

or

..................Guzan

Bacuna.Richards.Clark.Amavi

..........Westwood.Gueye

Traore........Gil.........Grealish

................Gestede

I fear for our defence against Bolasie, Zaha and Puncheon, a lot of our new players will need time to adjust to the BPL and Palace have looked very nippy, I'd take a point and aim for all three against a shocking Sunderland at VP. Seven points from Bournemouth, Palace and Sunderland would be a very good return IMO.

I fear for our defence against Bolasie, Zaha and Puncheon, a lot of our new players will need time to adjust to the BPL and Palace have looked very nippy, I'd take a point and aim for all three against a shocking Sunderland at VP. Seven points from Bournemouth, Palace and Sunderland would be a very good return IMO.

They should fear traore gil grealish gestede alot more
  • Like 3

Tough game this. A draw would be a very decent result.

I expect Gestede to start this one, and at least one of Grealish or Gil to play. Adama maybe aswell.

The defence will be unchanged.

From our previous starting lineups, I would expect Westwood and Gana to keep their places, so if you add Gestede and Grealish/Gil to that, only 2 spots are left.

Not sure where everyone else will fit in - Gabby, Ayew, Sinclair, Veretout, Adama - means at least 3 of these will be on the bench...

I think Sherwood likes Sanchez as well, but think he will still be on the bench.

Interesting times! 

Guzan           
Bacuna      Richards      Clark       Amavi
             Westwood     Gana
Traore              Ayew            Grealish
                   Gestede

is what I'd like to see

-----------------------Guzan----------------

Bacuna----Richards----Clark---Amavi

------------Westwood-----Gana-----------

Ayew-----------Gil-----------------Adama

------------------Gestede-------------------

Edited by Villaphan04
  • Like 1

An interesting mix of opponents from the opening 3 fixtures.  A side who will probably be in the relegation mix, a side who will probably be in the title hunt and now a side from the middle of the pack, albeit probably one of the stronger mid-range sides.  This will definitely be a stern test and anything is possible.  I hope Gestede's fitness is up to starting and finishing this game.  As with the other 2 fixtures, a loss wouldn't be a damning indictment because we're so early into our development, but a victory would be a huge shot in the arm for a side still learning the ropes.  I'll go for a hard-fought 1-1 draw against an impressive Palace side.