Line Up - Weaknesses/Strengths - Hopes

VillanousOne

The team we have played in the first two games has been very badly balanced and manned by the wrong personnel.

Bacuna is not, and in my opinion, never will be, a right-back good enough to play in the premiership.

There will be maybe 8/9 games a season, where he will give a good performance, going forward but, when the other 29/30 games demand that he defends well, he will be found sadly lacking in the skills needed.

Bacuna should be played as a wide right midfielder.

We played a suicidal 4-3-3 with 3 defensive minded midfielders.

Is it any wonder they didn't create anything for the front three.

Talking about the front 3, we played Sinclair, naturally a left-winger. We played Ayew, also a natural left-winger. Then we played Gabby, who has been played almost exclusively out wide left, for the past two and a half years.

The goal we scored against Bournemouth was scored because, probably for the first time in his Villa career, Westwood managed to lift a corner over the first defender.

I can't understand why Gabby is being played as a centre forward..

It is a role he is singularly ill equipped to play, especially when we have Rudy Gestede on the bench, a player who Mr Sherwood has said, is more than just a target man, he can play the hold-up role equally as well.

We also have Libor Kozak, who while not either a hold-up, or target type of forward, has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, for the ball to bounce off some part of his anatomy into the net.

Ugly but effective.

We need to be playing a different formation, with some different personnel.

My own thought is, that Mr Sherwood needs to remove the blinkers and drop his two favourites, Westwood and Agbonlahor. 

I'm presuming you either don't actually watch us, or you haven't seen our 2 first games this season?

Gabby has been woeful but Westwood has been one of our bright sparks so far.

Bacuna has started well.

Considering you stated Baker should be a defensive midfielder, I'll take your opinion with regards to that position with a pinch of salt.

hard to judge anything on two games, but if i had to then i would say that the back four and Guzan has been reasonably ok

the midfield has been good to average, with Westwood and Gana coming out with some credit

the forward line has been poor with only Sinclair really looking much of a threat in open play and Gestede a threat from set pieces

Vertout, Ayew and Gabby have barely contributed anything of note yet.

I get the feeling tomorrow only Grealish will come in, and not sure who far, one of Gil and Traore might be on the bench but i doubt both.