do year nines get enough exercise  

37 members have voted

1. 1. do year nines get enough exercise

• yes
    • no

I think you should be stuying English rather than maths ..... :wink:

Stuying? :D

:oops:

i knew that would happen. :lol: Too many beers last night have affected my typing.

i think this was very much a case of "people in glass houses ...."

If the vote was for Aussie teens i'd probably say yes. But since this is England i was thinking of ours and generally i'd say no they dont.

We're turning into the US where you have some people who take on board the health information thats widely available and join gyms, sprotes clubs and so on, becoming very fit. Or they reject it completely and fatten up.

In oz you have great weather and alot of space (speaking generally) so outdoor stuff is just integrated into your culture. You're recognised as probably the fittest of the Westernised nations i'd say.

Get t' buggers back up t'chimneys.

Little scrotes. Mind you, 'fat 'uns get more o't coke off t'inside o't chimberly - 'till em get stuck an you 'ave to haul 'em out.

Aussie and NZ kids do... well most of them... but English kids don't at all!!

...And you base that on... ?

I base that on having lived in all 3 countries, and the emphasis on sport amongst youngsters in NZ and Aussie is second to none... An hours PE that most UK comprehesive schools factor in, is simply not enough.

Have you ever wondered, why with the population differences that Aussie and NZ match and beat UK teams on a consistant basis?

The UK government needs to pump money into teams and encourage sports from a very early stage..

Not to mention investment in Clubrooms, etc, I have played Rugby and Football in both NZ, Aussie and the UK, and I have never had to change in a pub toilet with no shower facilities in either NZ or Aussie, I have in the UK!

Aussie and NZ kids do... well most of them... but English kids don't at all!!

...And you base that on... ?

I base that on having lived in all 3 countries, and the emphasis on sport amongst youngsters in NZ and Aussie is second to none... An hours PE that most UK comprehesive schools factor in, is simply not enough.

Have you ever wondered, why with the population differences that Aussie and NZ match and beat UK teams on a consistant basis?

The UK government needs to pump money into teams and encourage sports from a very early stage..

Not to mention investment in Clubrooms, etc, I have played Rugby and Football in both NZ, Aussie and the UK, and I have never had to change in a pub toilet with no shower facilities in either NZ or Aussie, I have in the UK!

yes until i moved here

although were not all that great at running and high intensity sports

weirdly you can only take 1 semester of PE here which needs changing

Â