M6 Travel Update

Kingman

Just been stuck on the M6 for an hour or so. 

Overhead gantry signs displaying M6 CLOSED Between J6 & J7 North & South Bound so think its a bad one. 

Not sure whats happened or how long its in place. 

Might be good to post any live updates if peeps have any up to speed info. 

Edited by Kingman

Northbound M6 stretch closed until 10pm

West Midlands Traffic news have reported that the M6 Northbound road between junction 6 and 7 will remain closed until 10pm. We will look into this and get back to you. 

Heard there was also trouble at the Dartford Crossing earlier, 

Not a good start to the day for Utd fans!

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2

Took daughter to work at the fort earlier (12:15) traffic was coming off near the collector road ( junction 4a/5?) and working its way past the fort/jag and was really heavy/slow

Not sure if it will be clear later but anyone going this way to VP tonight might want to leave a bit earlier

I started from Stoke got to Jct13 and traffic was dreadful so turned round and got train down,anybody leaving now from the north and using the M6 prob wont make the games especially going past Hilton services etc

SMS from AVFC

You may be aware that the M6 motorway is closed in both directions due to an accident. Please allow extra time for your journey to Villa Park this evening.

I'm coming from the south on the m6, will I be fine?

M6 North, i would get off at J1 and get the train from Rugby or J3/Nuneaton. M6 South J14 Stafford...

M5 North, I would get off at J5 and get the train from Bromsgrove.

Edited by Kingman

M6 northbound to reopen

This just in...

A Highways England spokeswoman has confirmed the northbound carriageway should be re-opening in the next few moments (around 5pm)

Recap: Aston Villa V Man Utd kick off

No decision has been taken to delay this evenings top-flight clash at Villa Park.

Earlier a Premier League spokesman acknowledged the delays to fans travelling on the M6 following this morning's M6 pile-up.

Both clubs, West Midlands Police and the Highways Agency have urged fans of both sides to leave plenty of time before setting off to the game.

Â