• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

I really don't think we played bad at all. Considering that half the squad are new to the league, I thought that we showed some promising signs. We just need a bit more cutting edge up front, but once Gestede gets a bit more game time and Gil/Grealish are back then we might see some more chances. Special mention to Amavi....he looks absolutely class.

We did ok, certainly not out-fought or outclassed. Its not a game where you would say we were lucky to lose only 1-0, it was a game between 2 teams that was decided by a scrappy goal.

I would go as far as saying that if you had just landed on earth and didn't know which team was the most successful in the Premier League era, and which team has battled relegation for the last 5 years - you might struggle to decide on the basis on last night's game.

Obviously we lacked cutting edge, and I think this is because we didn't have either of no.10s playing. I would expect either Grealish or Gil or both to play every week when fit. Also, we clearly are going to need Gestede up front as a target man, as we currently aren't really playing with anyone carrying a goal threat.

I thought all the new guys did ok, but like most others, Amavi and Gana were the pick of the bunch. Veretout just needs sharpness, and then I think we are going to see him controlling games. Ayew I thought looked better when Gestede came on, as there was a focal point to the attacks.

Disappointed by the result, but still optimistic. Tim's comments after the game said it all - "we need to dampen supporters expectations".

thought the atmosphere last night from our lot was terrible, straight from the off it was very flat which surprised me.

It was but then there was literally barely anything to get excited about all game! No real shots or momentum as such so i think it was a case of the crowd wanted to get involved but had barely anything to latch onto. I'm sure if we had been creating chances it would have been totally different but as it was it was pretty much frustration central.

Best bit of the game was actually half time and that gorgeous looking sunset coloured sky. Some great pictures of the stadium as a result...

For the match itself; I thought we did okay - lots of room for improvement, particularly with a need for more tenacity up front. It will be a long time before we have a better opportunity to beat them at home as well - it wasn't vintage Man U, that's for sure.

Liking the look of Richards and Amavi, Gueye too. The other guys are going to take a little while to get to grips obviously, but we have some good players still yet to feature and come back into the team. Yes, we lost the game (again), but as defeats go, I came away from the ground more positive than I ever expected.

I think Gabby's goose is finally cooked and needs to step down a level. No disgrace son, and thank you... but please, move along. We need to shoe in another striker... We're almost there - there are reasons to be optimistic right now. But deffo not the finished article yet.

I enjoyed the mosaic in the Holte - hope it looked good on TV. For a sell out, not the most intimidating atmosphere I've heard us create, but I will put my genitals on the block and say it wasn't 'poor.'

JMO.

CTFO Villa, CTFO. :)

most enjoyable part was hearing that young lad was in remission for leaukemia and everyone clapping him at half time. i honestly thought we were pretty shit if im honest, there was times when it looked like we might be on to something but it fizzled out very quickly and im fed up of seeing no movement in the team and getting to their 12 yard box then passing it back to the half way line. still early days and the team needs to gel but nah i was not impressed at all.

• Like 1

Â