limpid

Disappointing. Playing those three players at the front does not work as they are all way to similar. As soon as the midfield get the ball all three turn and run awayleaving nothing for the midfield to play into.

Hopefully see a half time change.

Wonder what Traore is thinking

Probably "If it was me, Grealish and Gestede upfront this would be an entirely different proposition"

Front 3 poor, everyone else really good save for the mistake that lead to the goal. It happens.

Gil in for Veretout. Traore and Grealish in for Ayew and Sinclair. Gestede for Gabby. We are effectively playing out back up. Ayew at 9 million is quite an expensive back up butso far he's looked a bit out of his depth unfortunately.

The front three need a focal point...Gestede on after 10 mins this half.

Not sure about comments about Westwood this half he's been good & first 20 Gana too but he's gone off the boil. Richards really needs to stay switched on during set pieces, turning his back on the ball then not organising at all. Come on

Decent performance goal aside. Need more quality in the final third though, front 3 not been great. Having said that I think Ayew will be better when he's more up to speed with the league.

Richards does not have the intelligence to be a CB

He should have stayed on his feet and stuck to Januzaj instead he did his brain fart lunge which allowed Januzaj to just waltz round him

He's going to gift so many teams goals this season

Oh and someone remind Clark that Benteke no longer plays for the club the hoofball won't work anymore we have useless agbonlahor up front 

Yes but we all knew this didn't we? I've said before he's going to cost us this season and he already has with that attempted tackle. He's an athlete playing football, needs to learn fast. 

pretty disappointing really, too much hit and hope down the channels.

typical man u vs villa though, januzais shot would have been stopped by Guzans boot or by amavi on the line, but the little deflection off clark takes it past both of them. then the ref ignores a blatant penalty when looking directly at it. guarantee it would have been given at the other end

Westwood and Richards have been terrible. Sinclair poor. Gabby and Ayew invisible. Gana and Amavi the only one with any credit.

Poor display from Villa, no movement or creativity. Desperately need Gil, Grealish and Adama.

There is every possibility that those 3 will be first choice when ready for selection.

Wonder what Traore is thinking

Probably nothing half as negative as much of this forum right now. He's likely not oblivious to the fact that we're playing Man Utd right now. We've done alright all things considered and granted some things aren't working out but this is our second game with basically an all new squad.. 

• Like 1

Aside from the front three looking pretty ineffectual, which I do think is partly down to how defensive United have set-up, I didn't think it was a bad half at all, they are one of the best sides in the league and we are unlucky to be behind.

Â