Jose Fonte

BleedClaretAndBlue

can always go 3-5-2 although not sure our midfielders would work with that.

I think it would be good in games against top quality opposition where we want to be solid and keep it tight at the back.

Richards, Fonte, Clark at centre back... Bacuna and Amavi as wing backs. Westwood, Gana, Veretout as centre mids. Gestede up top with Ayew playing off him. We would have some serious competition on the bench especially for the attacking spots and would be able to switch to a number of different formations in game depending on how the game is panning out.

Edited by Bunnski

Gutted for clark if he comes; Playing the best footy of his career then gets demoted.

Being left footed he also adds ballance to the back 4.

I see where you are coming from but it can only be a good thing even for Clark. Competition is healthy, keeps everyone on their toes.

Gutted for clark if he comes; Playing the best footy of his career then gets demoted. 

He will be an important part of the squad and has just signed a 5 year deal. He will undoubtedly be first in line. 

I get your point, but I do think we are light in real quality in central defence beyond Richards, Clark and Okore. Plus Okore is starting to show signs of being made of glass. 

Koeman has said he's not for sale. So there you have it. 

I see where you are coming from but it can only be a good thing even for Clark. Competition is healthy, keeps everyone on their toes.

Clark would fancy himself to partner Fonte at the back.

He will be an important part of the squad and has just signed a 5 year deal. He will undoubtedly be first in line. 

I get your point, but I do think we are light in real quality in central defence beyond Richards, Clark and Okore. Plus Okore is starting to show signs of being made of glass. 

Koeman has said he's not for sale. So there you have it. 

Maybe. If its to replace Senderos and Baker in the squad Im all for it.

It just seems as if we are looking for proven quality with this type of signing (whether its actually him or not), who will want to come in as 1st choice. As our new captain looks like another automatic starter it doesnt leave a lot of room for our Ciaran.

Not going to happen with the new captain playing there imo.

Not going to happen with the new captain playing there imo.

pfffff....Tim will pick our best 11, Captain or not!

• Like 1

Â