League Cup '15/'16

villa89

Seeding in a straight up cup competition? Absolute bullshit. 

The day they introduce seeding to The FA Cup is the day I storm the gates of the FA. 

Agreed.  Total bullshit.  As if the big boys need even more help than they already get.

its only this round thats seeded from what I remember and big boys are rarely in it

though didnt help United last season :D

Edited by Zatman

Well Baggies play Chelsea in league on the 23rd so they wont play on the Tuesday 25th so will be Wednesday 26th and they wont have us and Baggies same night so I guess we will be the Tuesday and Wolves will play then aswell

The day they introduce seeding to The FA Cup is the day I storm the gates of the FA. 

This genuinely disgusts me. One further knock for my interest in football. Awful awful awful. 

How long had this seeding being going on?

Last 2 or 3 seasons I think, it's an attempt to ensure that League 1 and League 2 clubs get a plum draw against a big club meaning more revenue for them and the avoidance of an away match against Morecambe (no offence Morecambe) on a wet Tuesday night in front of 1000 fans

Agreed.  Total bullshit.  As if the big boys need even more help than they already get.

its only this round thats seeded from what I remember and big boys are rarely in it

though didnt help United last season :D

In the context of a league cup discussion, 'the big boys' includes anyone from the Premier League.  And it's immaterial whether a side benefitted.  The point is that the 'system' tried to help them.

I always enjoy it when one of the small sides get to play a PL team. For many it will be the highlight of their career, and that kind of revenue can keep these clubs going for a year and in some cases save them from financial ruin.

So I am all for the small sides getting their day in the sun.

Â