Best moment as a Villa fan

StanBalaban

Apart from the obvious league and cup winning games.

Half time on December 17th 1976

Bradford 2-4 Villa in the second division season 

Catching one of the balls kicked into the crowd celebrating promotion in 75

Entering the Kop at St Andrews because the away end turnstile queue was massive just as Gary Thomson scored 

The atmosphere at the Ajax game

Final whistle against Liverpool in the SF

Inter Milan penalty shoot out

I remember 94 and 96 but I was too young to really appreciate them

FA Cup semi was a great day mainly for ruining the media dream final

Young vs Everton

Clark and Barry equalisers at Stamford Bridge

but I think at the moment is winning at Old Trafford in 2009 and because we probably never will do it again in my lifetime :P

Not many for me to choose from tbh apart from the obvious 1996 league cup win. but for me got to be beating Manure at OT a few years back with that header from Gabby, also a joint first the 82nd minute winner against SHA at the Sty.... Probably not up there for many people but deffo my Euphoria moments as a villa fan. The feeling i had after them too games was the closest you could get too drugs i imagine !

EDIT: the 5-1 vs SHA and beating the Boggies in the semi final are up there too.....

Edited by leighavfc

Best: Upper Holte for the last minute penalty (that was never a penalty) against Brum a few years back.

Most amusing: sitting in a PhD-level class on a different continent sneakily checking updates on the score on some League Cup match when I notice another Villa fan (the poster Fab, above) doing the same.

• Like 1

Rotterdam...I remember walking out of the stadium after just expecting us to compete in the final, never dreamt we would win it......and thinking you have to win the league just to enter this competition ( back then)

I was trying to take in the magnitude of what we had just achieved.

• Like 2

For me it has to be 1982 watching us beat Bayern Munich, followed by Boxing Day at VP under O'Neill when we drew with Arsenal, my lads first game and the ground went mental when Zat Knight scored and he (my lad not Zat!) ended up two rows and 6 seats away in the upper Doug Ellis!

Edited by Lambertout into Veretout

First time at Villa Park. My hero McGrath scored and Yorke with the winner. Couldn't find any footage but found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okVzTqI43Qw

That was my first game too, so it's always going to be near the top of my list.

I'm wondering whether, if given the chance, I would choose to be 10 or 15 years older so I could have been alive and old enough to have seen & appreciate Rotterdam!

On the flip side, the subsequent fall would have been bloody hard.

Some brilliant memories here, but for me, it will always be the 1957 Cup Final, Peter McParland taking out the Manchester United keeper and going on to score the 2 goals that won the FA Cup. Such a long time ago, but even thinking about it now I get a real warm fuzzy feeling.

• Like 1

Â