Best moment as a Villa fan

StanBalaban

For me it's our league cup win over United in '94.  It helps that I was surrounded by United fan friends of mine and neutrals (mainly Liverpool fans) who thought we'd get hockeyed.  I remember strutting like a dude down the street afterwards.  The strut nearly put my back out, it was so exaggerated :D

Remember that back then, in Dublin there was not a whole lot of Villa fans so the pride was somewhat enhanced.

• Like 1

You guys know he asked for pics and/or videos right? 

<stuff>

The video has finally succumb to copyright law it seems, I'm sure it will turn up again someday. Still gives me bloody goosebumps. 

Ashley Young, I salute you. 

I've searched for that video for ages but to no avail.  (You can view the goals separately, but not together in one lovely highlight package).

Said it before on here somewhere, but I was watching the game at home with my Dad (predominantly a Newport County fan - second team Newcastle) and even he jumped up and celebrated when Young scored that winner.

Incredible game.  That one aside?  It'd be this, for me:

hqdefault.jpg

Some that have been mentioned, obviously 94 & 96 finals, Tranmere, Inter (Phil King) etc. On a personal level, Crouch's last min winner against Boro always sticks in my mind (an unusual one I know). Also last season's win against Liverpool in the FA Cup was special. Made me fall back in love with this glorious football club.

Time can't erase the memory of these magic moments: :)

Dennis lifting the European Cup in Rotterdam.

Hearing that Bozo Jankovic had scored a second against Ipswich on a radio in the Clock End at Highbury.

Brian Little's winner at Old Trafford in the 1977 LCF.

Half-time and we are 5-1 ahead at Villa Park against Liverpool (1976).

Dean Saunders scoring our third goal in the 1994 LCF.

Dennis Mortimer's goal in our 2-0 home win against Liverpool (1980). 

Tony Morley's goal of the season in our 3-1 win at Everton (1981).

Pat McMahon's goal in our 1970 LCSF win against Best, Law & Charlton.  

The chants of "Villa, Villa" on MOTD as we beat Bournemouth (1972).       

• Like 2

JPA's first goal. It's the moment when we KNEW that Coventry were going down and as a Warwickshire based fan it didn't really get any better than that.

Matt Lowton's screamer vs Stoke is up there for me.

I live in Stoke and have had to endure some rough days/nights at the Britannia Stadium since they got promoted, I've been in the away end on each occasion apart from one, and of course that one occasion was the 3-1 win.

It was so hard not to celebrate when Lowton smashed in that volley, the sound of anger and bewilderment all around me was a joy to hear.

Can i be the first to say tomorrow night?

That gabby hat-trick, just when people were doubting his class and natural footballing ability! What a player!

The Ashley Young own goal and then Tim goading Van Gaal at the final whistle really made it a special night.

• Like 1

What about beating Everton 6-2 at Villa Park? Went on a bit of a bender after that, then bought every single paper the morning after. I remember one paper comparing Ormondroyd to Puscas (favourably!!).

Tranmere semifinal was also magic. My dad has been going down VP since before the war and he said it was the best match he has seen. Roller coaster match, great goals, near misses and a hyper tense penalty shoot out. Then Doris Day on the tannoy after we had won it.

Â