Best moment as a Villa fan

StanBalaban

Whilst we're waiting for our ITK's to come good, and to break-up to Ashley Westwood circle, I thought I'd start a thread about our finest moments as a Villa fan, expressed in a photo or video clip.

I'll get the ball rolling...

For me, it would have to be Phil King's penalty against Inter Milan in the UEFA Cup over 20 years ago. I was at that game and that moment will stay with me for the rest of my days.

K-King-Villa-boast-the-past-King-namely-

Over to you.

Too many - Travelling to all those grounds in Div 3 and selling out the games! Winning Division 1 and European Cup and Super Cup.

Also the revolution of 68 when we sat on the pitch and had that meeting at the civic hall and saving the club from near extinction (we were broke as a BetaMax) and seeing hundreds if not thousands turn up at Villa Park to help paint and clean it up..

Our re-surgence. (was at each and everyone of the above occasions).

Individually - Aresenal when we won the League (although we lost) and Rotterdam. Bournemouth Home - Ted McDougall and that record crowd! Notts County (again at a sell out Villa Park during our 'comeback' from the flames.

• Like 2

I think I'd have to say the Tranmere second leg too. Probably the most dramatic game I've ever seen, so many twists and turns.

I've often wondered this, can anyone tell me where Kevin Richardson's penalty ended up?

I think I'd have to say the Tranmere second leg too. Probably the most dramatic game I've ever seen, so many twists and turns.

I've often wondered this, can anyone tell me where Kevin Richardson's penalty ended up?

Same place as Tonevs shots - somewhere on the moon in a crater

Tranmere was awesome never been so emotional.

Inter at Villa Park 1990 was another awe inspiring game as a 15 year old kid squashed in the back of the Holte End. Had grand plans to wag school to go to Milan for the 2nd Leg after that!

Sheffield Wednesday away 1991 Big Rons first game, blaring hot, 2-0 down and come back to win 3-2

Going totally ape shit in the living room as "Chris Price does it on the break away"

Everton away 1990 3-3 Graham Taylor's Claret and Blue Army!

Blues 5-1 was satisfying.

Loads more too it's a great club to support and the memories will live forever!

I'm sure there has been a thread like this before but who cares?

There are loads of best moments but I don't think personally anything will top Villa 2 Bournemouth 1 in 1972.

The atmosphere at Villa Park that day was the best I have ever known and this was the match that gave us the belief and momentum to go on and win the Div 3 title and start a superb 10-year run that culminated in Morley crosses to Withe.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

Â