Title chase 2015/6

osmark86

Edit - point already made.

Yes, we could definitely finish above Everton.

We could also be relegated, though that is looking increasingly unlikely.

I really hope so, although I'm pretty much over what the media think as whatever spin it negatively. I'd love a good season, we deserve it don't we?

Everton are yesterday's news. Old team, overrated manager, they had a glimmer of hope for a year or 2, but at this rate have to be considered to be on the decline, while we are being completely reborn...

Yes, definitely.

I'm going to make a prediction. We will have won the league by early March, and with the League Cup already won, Fabian Delph will speak to the newspapers, claiming that he would love to return to Villa, mainly because of not playing 1 game for Man City, but also mainly for his family, and mainly because of money and loyalty and mainly the weather in Birmingham....

... We'll then tell him to sling his hook, and go on to win the league, unbeaten, and then win the Champions League the next season, after signing Messi, who admits that he's always been a secret Villa fan.

Keep your secret no more Lionel! We're coming for you!

• Like 2

Given that the BBC and the press have barely noticed our INBOUND transfers, I'll wager that 95% of other supporters are unaware of what's happened at Villa. They just think "Oh, they've lost Benteke and Delph, they're goners". Should be interesting if our new team clicks quickly enough.

Yep. From what I have seen, this seems to be the case.

Given that the BBC and the press have barely noticed our INBOUND transfers, I'll wager that 95% of other supporters are unaware of what's happened at Villa. They just think "Oh, they've lost Benteke and Delph, they're goners". Should be interesting if our new team clicks quickly enough.

Yep. From what I have seen, this seems to be the case.

Definitely.

My mate was genuinely shocked when I told him we'd signed 9 players (and he's a football fan)

He thought we;d just signed Richards and that was it.

Same here, and also people on Twitter (sorry!) too. My friend saw something on Sky about our spending and said 'thought you were going down, had no idea you signed so many under the radar'

Edited by DK82

I looked a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure we were something like 2500/1 to finish top four lol

Best price 500/1 currently.

Best price for top 6 is 66s with Ladbrokes; top 10 is 11/2 with Skybet.

That 11/2 is a ripper. Swansea, Stoke, Palace were 8th-10th last season.

• Like 1

Tim has built the team, and now it's up to him to make them click. The latter is what Tim's supposed to be good at, so it's looking promising.

This is truly Tim's team now, for better or worse!

I looked a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure we were something like 2500/1 to finish top four lol

Think they may have missed a Zero off the end. 

Best value bet I've seen (without the claret & blue specs on) Villa to be top midlands club @ 5/1 

Stoke 10/11

Wba 10/3 

Leicester 4/1 

AVFC 5/1 

Top 10 at 11/2 also appeals to me, Genuinely believe if our new signings click then we could be last seasons Southampton. 

IMO 7th - 20th is wide open and not as tight as the betting market suggests. 

Top Midlands club & Top 10 finish returns almost a 40/1 Barney Rubble  

Dip ya bread me thinks and pay for next seasons summer hols & season ticket   B)

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Think they may have missed a Zero off the end. 

Best value bet I've seen (without the claret & blue specs on) Villa to be top midlands club @ 5/1 

Stoke 10/11

Wba 10/3 

Leicester 4/1 

AVFC 5/1 

Top 10 at 11/2 also appeals to me, Genuinely believe if our new signings click then we could be last seasons Southampton. 

IMO 7th - 20th is wide open and not as tight as the betting market suggests. 

Top Midlands club & Top 10 finish returns almost a 40/1 Barney Rubble  

Dip ya bread me thinks and pay for next seasons summer hols & season ticket   B)

Don't think you'll be allowed to have that as a double, some random crap about it being a 'related' bet.

• Like 2

Don't think you'll be allowed to have that as a double, some random crap about it being a 'related' bet.

I would be very surprised, too - though a bookie might offer a special on both happening. To be fair, it's not really random crap.
  • Like 1

I would be very surprised, too - though a bookie might offer a special on both happening. To be fair, it's not really random crap.

No I know it's not really I appreciate the logic behind it, probably poorly worded on my part!

• Like 1

No I know it's not really I appreciate the logic behind it, probably poorly worded on my part!

He he. Fair enough. :)

We're 3/1 to beat Bournemouth next Saturday. BOURNEMOUTH!

Like printing money.

Betting against a newly promoted team in their first home game is incredibly risky. The promoted teams tend to play really well the first few weeks, especially at home.

Â