Consistently having youth products in our matchday squad

Avfc96

Came across this on Twitter, out of the current Premier League clubs we have the third longest streak of having at least 1 youth product in our matchday squad. Hopefully we keep that record up this season.

CL1NsavW8AAnK-4.jpg

It's an incredible record and testament to the amount of good work our academy coaches have done, although you might say in recent years it has been somewhat forced due to lack of money to spend on new players.

Edited by Avfc96

im sure was a United game last season without a youth product in the squad as I remember the 1937 stat was brought up

Nope, just went through every match and there always was one. I believe we also had a really long record of always playing a youth product in a match which we may have broke. 

• Like 1

Why have we got three options? 77 years for utd? 36 for Watford? Doesn't seem accurate.

It says at the bottom. No data for 2 games. If there was a youth product in either or both of those games then the date is extended for us.

Why have we got three options? 77 years for utd? 36 for Watford? Doesn't seem accurate.

It says at the bottom. No data for 2 games. If there was a youth product in either or both of those games then the date is extended for us.

Really odd that they can't find the data for games that took place in 1996!

shocked Southampton was so recent not shocked by Liverpool at all and their "academy"

I wouldn't read too much into the Southampton stat. For all we know that could be the only game they have not had an academy graduate in the squad for ten or twenty years and even if it's not the case then I guess they just point to quality not quantity.  Unless I'm mistaken the last two times an English club has been involved in a deal for a world record transfer fee the player in question has been a Southampton youth academy graduate.  They've had, what, five graduates in recent England squads?  (Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Calum Chambers, Luke Shaw & Adam Lallana) and I think it's only a matter of time before James Ward-Prowse gets the call.  Their academy could have six England players going on the plane to Euro 2016.  I know they are somewhat blessed with their catchment area because Pompey had to shut down their academy because they have no money and I'm not sure what kind of state Bournemouth's is in but still, it's impressive stuff. 

• Like 1

Still waiting for Citeh's Elite Development Squad to conquer the globe.

...only been a few years. Just wait indeed.

The things they have done for that club are incredible. Just hope we see some British class of 92 talent developed.

Edited by rodders0223

shocked Southampton was so recent not shocked by Liverpool at all and their "academy"

I wouldn't read too much into the Southampton stat. For all we know that could be the only game they have not had an academy graduate in the squad for ten or twenty years and even if it's not the case then I guess they just point to quality not quantity. Unless I'm mistaken the last two times an English club has been involved in a deal for a world record transfer fee the player in question has been a Southampton youth academy graduate. They've had, what, five graduates in recent England squads? (Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Calum Chambers, Luke Shaw & Adam Lallana) and I think it's only a matter of time before James Ward-Prowse gets the call. Their academy could have six England players going on the plane to Euro 2016. I know they are somewhat blessed with their catchment area because Pompey had to shut down their academy because they have no money and I'm not sure what kind of state Bournemouth's is in but still, it's impressive stuff.

Shearer and?

Edit : obviously Bale. Was thinking in regards to incoming.

Edited by rodders0223

Â