Aaron Lennon

joshharris12

Not surprised if true. Given his age he would most likely want to secure a permanent contract as it would most likely be his last big one.

The only reason you wouldn't go on loan is if you thought your stock would fall lower and influence your next contract. If he believed in himself he'd go out on loan and interest several clubs into offering him a deal when his current one expires.

Sounds like one to avoid if he thinks doing nothing for a year is the best opton.

Yeah absolutely right, if that's really true then he is most certainly one to avoid and likely has a terrible attitude and little to no confidence in his actual ability. 

Not as if it's at the height of his career now, every day he does't play he becomes less valuable and more of a risk / gamble for clubs to take on.  There doesn't appear to be a long queue lined up to buy / loan him now, can't imagine that queue getting any longer next summer if he does;t play any competitive football all season....

Not sure whether he is greedy, delusional, poorly advised, or just not very smart...  

Do not rate Lennon in the slightest

Me either. He's a complete headless chicken with little to no end product.

What might be a useful contribution from a complete headless chicken?

And how can a chicken be complete with no head?

Do not rate Lennon in the slightest

Me either. He's a complete headless chicken with little to no end product.

What might be a useful contribution from a complete headless chicken?

And how can a chicken be complete with no head?

Well, if the rest of him is complete, then he is indeed a 'complete headless chicken', but an 'incomplete chicken'.

VillaTalk - getting to the bottom of the Real Issues.

Discrimination at it's worst to call a "headless chicken" an "impomplete chicken" !!

My KFC is well upset.

As for Lennon on the Wing, I prefer if he would keep abreast of what was going on everywhere.

Edited by dounavilla

Lennon is decent, good pace, struggles with end product.

I would rather the money was spent on a new experienced CB for competition and cover. As much as I like Richards, if he gets a knock as he has in the past, Inam not sure Clarke and Okore/ Baker are up to the task of running the defence

Discrimination at it's worst to call a "headless chicken" an "impomplete chicken" !!

My KFC is well upset.

As for Lennon on the Wing, I prefer if he would keep abreast of what was going on everywhere.

Lucky you for getting chicken in your KFC. Complete or otherwise 

It's funny with these Lennon and no product headless chicken debates.

Wry smile as I remember on here in summer 2008 the people who were happy with Milner coming here for 12m were under fire from others who were demanding a marquee signing like SWP from Chelsea for about 15m....well I think that was a bullet well and truly dodged.

I think Isa called this one quite well....Lennon would probably have a good 5-6 game spell and then decline therafter...infact I wonder how long his pace will hold as he isn't that far off 30 now and SWP was pretty much finished as a top level player when his pace declined. 

Â