Aaron Lennon

joshharris12

Harj (that ITK on Twitter) says Lennon isn't our preferred option.

In the pantheon of twitter bullshitters, where does he stand?

• Like 2

Fairly reliable, he said cleverley was still on after the window closed amongst other things

He's the only one on there worth listening to I'd say. He came to notice last summer when he called our interest in Ki and Sanchez. Doesn't post very often.

• Like 1

Fairly reliable, he said cleverley was still on after the window closed amongst other things

To be fair you don't need to be Mystic Meg to see that Lennon wasn't the preferred option / first choice considering Traore was here last week being shown around

Lennon strikes me as about 5th in the queue of right wingers 

He's the only one on there worth listening to I'd say. He came to notice last summer when he called our interest in Ki and Sanchez. Doesn't post very often.

Fair enough, sounds like he isn't an attention seeker like some (most) on there  :)

Don't need him.

We already have Gabby, Ayew, Grealish, Sinclair & Gil who can play wide / forward. I suppose it gives us options for playing 442, but still not a priority for me.

Don't need him.

We already have Gabby, Ayew, Grealish, Sinclair & Gil who can play wide / forward. I suppose it gives us options for playing 442, but still not a priority for me.

Personally I think that Gabby's not really a winger and both Gil and Grealish are more effective in central roles. Ayew's going to need a little time to adjust, and Sinclair didn't exactly have his best game for us yesterday.

IMO Lennon could be a very important player for us, should Tim decide to bring him in.

Edited by Supervillan78

Don't need him.

We need a genuine winger. Grealish and Gil are suited to wider roles only in a narrow set-up. Ayew had the only half-decent season of his career playing as a forward. Sinclair is a decent goalscorer but doesn't create much and Gabby is crap.

Yesterday we played a 4-5-1 for the most part I thought - the wide players doubling with the full-backs in the defensive phases.

Don't need him.

We need a genuine winger. Grealish and Gil are suited to wider roles only in a narrow set-up. Ayew had the only half-decent season of his career playing as a forward. Sinclair is a decent goalscorer but doesn't create much and Gabby is crap.

Yesterday we played a 4-5-1 for the most part I thought - the wide players doubling with the full-backs in the defensive phases.

I agree, we have players who can play wide but we don't have anyone that is a typical "get to the byline and cross it" type winger. Not saying we should play with that type of player every game but would certainly like that option in the squad.

Someone like Montero would be nice!

Edited by Biskitt
  • Like 1

Â