Aaron Lennon

joshharris12

It seems Sherwood is keen on bringing in additional 'attritional' attackers, by which I mean simply those that do damage to the defence, wearing it down, making it look twice, forcing mistakes, creating space.  I'll be honest and admit that I admire the purity of Tim's vision so far, but away from my own preciousness I can definitely see Lennon working as a very good option, at least.  I looked at the bench today and thought there wasn't enough that could really stretch and hurt the opposition.  We need one of those.

As long as he's as happy signing for us as he was for Everton on loan, then i'm happy

9437150-large.jpg

The epitome of happiness ;)

Did someone tell him to clean all those boots?

• Like 1

As long as he's as happy signing for us as he was for Everton on loan, then i'm happy

9437150-large.jpg

The epitome of happiness ;)

Ha ha, imagine him and Senderlols together, misery utd.

I think £5m for Lennon would be great business, and would add another attacking option. Win/win for me.

Can't blame him for looking that way, he had just paid a local kid £5 to 'mind his car'.

I suspect he will sign and for a lot less than £9m.

Where's the it's happening gif...

I think he could be a good bit of business. Still had a good few years in him and provides natural width on the right which we lack.

Can't blame him for looking that way, he had just paid a local kid £5 to 'mind his car'.

I suspect he will sign and for a lot less than £9m.

Where's the it's happening gif...

I think he could be a good bit of business. Still had a good few years in him and provides natural width on the right which we lack.

I'd hold fire on that one, after Delph and Adebayor this window its impossible to be sure about anything.

He's 39 years old for god sake, can't we do better?

Shomin got it spot on, he's a classic "spoiler" kind of player. He doesn't always produce but he will always disrupt. People mock him for putting his head down and running at people, but he is really bloody good at that.

Sinclair was very poor on the left yesterday. Even when we made the winning change, it would also have been nice to be able to bring somebody like Lennon on and switch Gabby to the left, for example. Put the frightners up them even more so.

I know we have Grealish and Gil to come back, I'm as delighted as anyone about that, but they're 3 very different players. Lennon replaces N'Zogbia, instant improvement.

• Like 1

Spurs want 9 million lol

He's 28. Jog on. Tim go back to the French league.

They haven't given him a squad number, so unless he suddenly finds himself back on the inner, it doesn't really matter what Levy wants, he is only worth what someone is willing to pay to take him off their hands.

Vicious circle for Levy, I'm sure he wants to get as much as he can for him, but if he demands stupid money he'll price himself out of a sale and invites the risk of leaving it too late to ship him out on loan again.  He'll end up burning an awful lot of $$$ paying him to turn up for a daily kick out with the U21's...

I'd say a bid of 3/4m maybe sweetened with some performance / league finish addons would be a really smart move and maybe force his hand.

He's 39 years old for god sake, can't we do better?

Shomin got it spot on, he's a classic "spoiler" kind of player. He doesn't always produce but he will always disrupt. People mock him for putting his head down and running at people, but he is really bloody good at that.

Sinclair was very poor on the left yesterday. Even when we made the winning change, it would also have been nice to be able to bring somebody like Lennon on and switch Gabby to the left, for example. Put the frightners up them even more so.

I know we have Grealish and Gil to come back, I'm as delighted as anyone about that, but they're 3 very different players. Lennon replaces N'Zogbia, instant improvement.

I only saw the Sky Match Choice 1hr highlights but didn't think Sinclair was bad at all, I really didn't. In the absence of someone younger and more exciting I would like to see Lennon join, would be a great squad addition. Agree that it's a big improvement over N'zog.

Â