Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Ive booked off 10 days from friday onwards cant wait going boozer with my manc supporting pal for some Friday night football .

I know we'll lose, always do, 0-2 is my prediction can see birdshitlip giving us a lot of problems. He'll prob dive and win a pen but oh well im going on one regardless.

Think Gestede will get some joy against a Smalling - Blind partnership. Hope Jack and/or Gil are back for this one too.

My best mate is a ManU fan so I'm hoping we drub them.

I think if we're creative and fast, we could take this, but much depends on our situational awareness among our players.

Also wonder if ManU make an eleventh-hour marquee signing.

You can get 10/1 for us to win and both teams to score... I think I might stick £5 on that.

I know recently we always lose to Utd, but we have to beat them sometime don't we? I'm aware that statistics mean nothing and that certain outcomes aren't inevitable even given an infinite amount of time, but us beating man ure isn't one of those is it?

Edited by alreadyexists

You can get 10/1 for us to win and both teams to score... I think I might stick £5 on that.

I know recently we always lose to Utd, but we have to beat them sometime don't we? I'm aware that statistics mean nothing and that certain outcomes aren't inevitable even given an infinite amount of time, but us beating man ure isn't one of those is it?

I say this every season but United's biggest asset over us is the psychological advantage. Every so often we'll beat the likes of Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc but we just can't do it with them, at least not at home anyway. Even when we do play well we still lose or draw. United's players will know that even if they go 2-0 down against us they've got a very good chance of coming back to win while our players will know from history that we'll probably bottle it.

I guess all these new arrivals might help negate that psychological edge, but I still can't see anything other than a loss.

• Like 1

I say this every season but United's biggest asset over us is the psychological advantage. Every so often we'll beat the likes of Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool etc but we just can't do it with them, at least not at home anyway. Even when we do play well we still lose or draw. United's players will know that even if they go 2-0 down against us they've got a very good chance of coming back to win while our players will know from history that we'll probably bottle it.

I guess all these new arrivals might help negate that psychological edge, but I still can't see anything other than a loss.

I think they have bought some fabulous players over the summer that they have added to an already excellent squad overall and they have a wonderful manager who has been there and done it at club level and on the international scene but i think we will be on a high after our win at bournemouth and will finally beat them at villa park

• Like 1

I predict a relatively frustrating match for us, we'll have a few good chances that we just can't put away and Man Utd will be fairly comfortable on the ball and end up unlocking us a couple of times and sticking the ball in the onion bag with relative ease. I'm going 0-2 UTD or possible 1-3 with Rudy to score the goal for us.

Have a strange hunch we're going to collapse defensively and lose this one very badly -- but I don't think the loss will be indicative of a season-long problem as much as a rude awakening that there's much work to be done. 

0-3

With 6 more days of training together, they should gel better and hopefully the new midfielders will have a better showing.

I still think Kozak should be in there. Kozak and Gestede as target men could cause them fits.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this even though I'm 99% sure we'll lose.

Man United's goalkeeping situation is hilariously strong at the moment.

Romero, De Gea, Valdes and Lindegaard :crylaugh:

Edited by Stevo985