Most Assists
Idrissa Gueye (6)

POTY
Scott Sinclair

YPOTY
Jordan Amavi

Surprise Package
Scott Sinclair

Biggest Disappointment (don't like this category...)
Jordan Ayew

Another thing. We might get close to a record number of 'new' goalscorers this season i.e. players who had never scored for Villa before. With the amount of players we've brought in we can hardly fail to be impressive in this stat. Last season we had 7 which itself was very good.  Our all-time record is 10 new goalscorers in a season, unsurprisingly in the inaugural Premier League season.  I wonder how close we'll get to that.

League Position

15th

Total Goals Scored

Total Points

Top Scorer

Adebayor (10) 

Most Assists

Veretout (5)

POTY

Gueye

YPOTY

Amavi

Surprise Package

Micah Richards

Biggest Disappointment

Gestede

I'm generally a fairly positive guy but I'm going to be pessimistic so I don't get the inevitable Villa disappointment!

Why do all the pundits keep writing us of saying we are pants and tipping us for relegation?

Historical data, general cautiousness and lack of information. I could also throw in disdain for our badge too..

I'm confident we'll be better than Leiciester, Sunderland and Watford at least so if we have a tremendously bad season I can't see us being more shite than these. I also think we should trumph Bournemouth, Norwich, WBA and maybe Newcastle. How's the pulse on WHU this season?

Don't think Veretout or Gestede will be starting based on the Mail's article.  But if you make it 'signings' instead of 'new first teamers' then Sinclair will make it 5.

New first teamers to start tomorrow

Richards, Amavi, Gueye, Veretout, Ayew, Gestede - that's 6.

I think you could put Sinclair and Gil into that aswell really one because he's actually signed and the other cause he'll be trusted to play this year.

• Like 1

Why do all the pundits keep writing us of saying we are pants and tipping us for relegation?

because they have no idea how to appraise potential....They only quote on certainties.

ask them to predict Chelsea and they are in clover.

League Position

11th

Total Goals Scored

Total Points

Top Scorer

Gestede (14)

Most Assists

Gil

POTY

Gueye

YPOTY

Amavi

Surprise Package

Sinclair

Biggest Disappointment

Charles N'Zogbia (as he won't have moved on!)

Seriously? We’ve lost our Captain and best midfielder, our most senior and when fit best defender and our leading & almost only goal scorer.

We have signed players with potential who are, to be fair to them, far from the finished article. Our manager falls into the same category.

Our owner has been trying to sell up and our fans are another relegation fight away from cracking up.

Our best young player was pictured unconscious in the street on his jollies and our predominantly English academy didn’t manage to get a plyer in the England U21s squad. A squad which didn’t get out of their group!

Without an in-depth and optimistic view of our signings and the ability of our squad you too I’m sure would be predicting another relegation dog fight.

Out of interest who do you think will go down?

Seriously? We’ve lost our Captain and best midfielder, our most senior and when fit best defender and our leading & almost only goal scorer.

We have signed players with potential who are, to be fair to them, far from the finished article. Our manager falls into the same category.

Our owner has been trying to sell up and our fans are another relegation fight away from cracking up.

Our best young player was pictured unconscious in the street on his jollies and our predominantly English academy didn’t manage to get a plyer in the England U21s squad. A squad which didn’t get out of their group!

Without an in-depth and optimistic view of our signings and the ability of our squad you too I’m sure would be predicting another relegation dog fight.

Out of interest who do you think will go down?

This.

We've rolled the dice this summer. We need 2/3 more quality signings in order to improve.

Seriously? We’ve lost our Captain and best midfielder, our most senior and when fit best defender and our leading & almost only goal scorer. We have signed players with potential who are, to be fair to them, far from the finished article. Our manager falls into the same category. Our owner has been trying to sell up and our fans are another relegation fight away from cracking up. Our best young player was pictured unconscious in the street on his jollies and our predominantly English academy didn’t manage to get a plyer in the England U21s squad. A squad which didn’t get out of their group! Without an in-depth and optimistic view of our signings and the ability of our squad you too I’m sure would be predicting another relegation dog fight. Out of interest who do you think will go down?

This.

We've rolled the dice this summer. We need 2/3 more quality signings in order to improve.

If only we'd spent money replacing these we wouldn't be doomed! I will miss the kiddy heights of 16th when we had those 3 legends saving us every year.