• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

I think we're underestimating how good that win was. Bournemouth score goals for fun and to keep a clean sheet against them away from home is exceptional. Like Tim said, they will beat a lot of good sides at their place. 

Some of the clean sheet was down to woeful finishing. It's great to get a clean sheet but it wasn't solely down to us being rock solid.

Exceptional is not a word I'd use to describe a clean sheet against Bournemouth regardless of how many goals they scored in a lower division.

Decent performance. Okay to poor first half and big step up in the second.Rudy could be a cult hero and has the touch of the Carew's about him. Defence was largely decent and midfield improved. Gabby tried hard but was blowing at the end.  

Overall as David Coleman would say we opened up our legs and showed our class in the second 45. Fairly solid and should improve, not sure on Bournemouth but its only 1 game. Remember the last 2 seaons we beat Arsenal and Stoke.

glad we got the 3 points. But please stop with media bashing lol

Yeah those poor media guys need all of the protection they can get from all of these harsh words. Stop it you lot!

yes because thats exactly why i was saying it....zzzzz. Not because of the flaws of the reasoning behind it.

ill stop now because it seems you guys aint getting it but w/e.

wp villa :)

Can you ever troll without having to edit every post?

Is it a troll because you dont understand the topic? Or dont you know what a troll means? It is literally a fundamentally flawed statement to  say we proved the media/bookies wrong by winning 1-0 (especially when we didnt deserve to win). The world of science would instantly break if it wasnt flawed. We didnt prove anybody wrong, the lines just shifted a tiny tiny amount. Now if that makes me a troll, then ok. Weird

Edited by gharperr

People may disagree with your opinion that we deserved to lose the game.

There's an argument to say we won 1-0 so we deserved to win the game. In football you need to take your chances, they didn't, we did, why do they deserve to win? They didn't even deserve to draw?

Ultimately, the final score determines who deserved to win. Surely? 

It doesn't really make any difference who deserved to win. The fact is the "experts" pretty much to a man said we would lose. We won. That quite simply means the "experts" were wrong.

They didn't say Bournemouth will deserve to win. They said they would win. All this nonsense about being results orientated is just babble. The game is about results and until you get points for deserving to win it always will be about results. 

I didn't watch the game (I would have loved to but I had guests down) but this is a fantastic win by all accounts.  We are practically a new side and playing against a team who, on their debut to the greatest league in the world, had a bit of a party atmosphere fused with expectation.  We tamed the newcomers who were seriously up for it and as our team is full of newcomers, it was a bloody good job well done.  Thanks, Tim (and Ray).  Keep it up. 

Â