Benteke v Yorke

maqroll

Benteke v Yorke  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Benteke or Yorke?

• Benteke
    • Yorke

Not from me Yorkie was great and seeing his development over the years was special. Playing with a smile too and won everything in club football. Not bad from being spotted by Graham Taylor on a pre season tour!

• Like 1

Not for me Yorke was absolute class for us. Watch that game where we loss 4-3 at newcastle. Yorke was an absolute beast.

Yorke went on to be a success at United as well which isn't a easy thing esp back then when United were dominating for years

Yorke was a better footballer, he was a more creative player and more fun to watch.  You can't use goals to games ratio to compare the two, Yorke probably played as many games in midfield for us as he did up front. He really only had three seasons where he was used as an out and out striker .

• Like 1

Having had the pleasure of watching Yorke from when he made his debut then seeing him develop over a number of years he was a very special player and in terms of natural ability up there with Sid Cowans as the best I have seen in an Aston Villa shirt. The guy had it all.

Benteke is a good player but he doesn't have anything like the natural ability that Yorke had. He may well develop into something really special but unlike Yorke it won’t be with us.

Of course Dwight went on to great success with United but he was already the finished article when we sold him and just continued where he left off with us. The fact he was an integral part of a great United team that won the Champions League though speaks volumes for him.

Yorke was a once in a generation player. Benteke whilst very good I would expect to see a similar ilk in a Villa shirt again over the next few years.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Yorke by a mile. Benteke when on it, was fantastic for us, however the "when on it" part of that tells the story. Yorke (in the 95/96 season especially) did it week in, week out. I'll also be surprised if Benteke goes on to achieve anything like the success Yorke had at United. You could argue Yorke played in a better team than this Liverpool side, but that in its self finishes the story off.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

No question it's Yorke. Alex Ferguson said that he was the best striker in Europe the year Man Utd. won the treble. It's just a shame he lost interest in football and became a party boy and wasted his talent, much like Ronaldinho. Also it's important to remember that Yorke actually knew what offside is and how it can be applied in a game of football. Benteke clearly has no concept of the offside rule in any form.  

• Like 2