Adama Traore

mwj

24 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Surely Stoke would be the only club who will be interested if we go down. Everyone will have known about what he could do when he was at Barcelona and yet only ourselves and Stoke took any interest. He hasn't really developed at all since then so there's no real reason why any other club would come in for him now.

Probably. But I think it's entirely possible Stoke would think "Well he couldn't get a start in the Villa team all season so he's not good enough". That might be wrong, but can you can imagine they'd think spending 10m on someone else might be money better spent.

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I must be watching a different player to some of you. I really don't see what he has done so far for there to be interest in him, especially considering the price we paid for him.

That is assuming of course that we'd do what a normal team would do and hold out for a significant profit. If we're willing to sell him for what we paid to get him off the wage bill then maybe.

He's shown that he has incredible potential. With the new TV money in place £8-10 million on what this kid could become doesn't seem a crazy unaffordable gamble. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few clubs interested. 

It's an error to presume that Stoke might be the only team interested in him, based on the idea that they were the only team along with us interested in him in the summer. This summer coming any number of teams might want a winger who didn't last year, and there will three new teams in the division too, not forgetting teams from abroad either. It's not just what he's done since joining Villa, he's still very young with heaps of potential and hasn't lost the reputation he got whilst at Barcelona.

he's not ready to start in the premier league yet, would be very surprised if someone comes in for him, but not surprised if he kicks up a fuss, he needs games, he needs coaching, can see some clubs monitoring him but at the same time thinking lets let villa do the donkey work and buy him after if he does turn out good

I'm starting to think that I'm the most sophisticated student of the game on this website and and I don't even study it. Of course there will be interest if we go down, and it's naive to think otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

All his years at Barcelona?  He left when he was 19 FFS.  I'm not sure how many of their academy products actually get to play first team football as teenagers.

Barcelona play a number of meaningless games a season in La Liga, Copa Del Rey and Champions League. Munir is the same age as Adama and has played nearly 50 times for the club or Sandro Ramirez who is on 30

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm starting to think that I'm the most sophisticated student of the game on this website and and I don't even study it. Of course there will be interest if we go down, and it's naive to think otherwise.

Nobody has said there won't be interest.

What people have said is there won't be interest at the kind of money that we'd be willing to sell him for.

Lots of people would probably want to sign him. I'd be surprised if anyone would want to sign him for £10m+ which is the kind of money we should be looking for at the very least.

Also, your first sentence is absurd. Wind your neck in.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Nobody has said there won't be interest.

What people have said is there won't be interest at the kind of money that we'd be willing to sell him for.

Lots of people would probably want to sign him. I'd be surprised if anyone would want to sign him for £10m+ which is the kind of money we should be looking for at the very least.

Also, your first sentence is absurd. Wind your neck in.

It was meant to be absurd. As for your last sentence, take some of your own advice, on this occasion.

If Traore wants to move he'll get it and in the end we'd probably have to settle for a similar to what we paid for him. For all any of us know, he might have a release clause in his contract that allows him to leave at cut price, in the event of relegation.

If Sophisticated students of the game think that running fast in a straight line until you bump into someone is going to result in a fight for his services, there may still be hope of flogging Nzogbia. 

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Rest assured, you're not alone.

It's obvious there will be interest the ones proclaiming otherwise are just kidding themselves because they want him to stay.

In that respect, we are all in the same boat.

And btw he's 20 now celebrated his birthday the other day.

If/when he does go we'll probably get more than what we paid too because the Premier League money is going to be silly next year.

I think the combination of this, Garde not liking him and Adama not wanting to play in The Championship given the choice is pretty much a guarantee he won't be here next season.  

Edited by supernova26

Garde doesn't dislike him, why would he? He just realises his weaknesses, which plenty of other people do too.

I know that goes against the fountain of all footballing knowledge that is Supernova, but I imagine that's how it is.

19 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

the ones proclaiming otherwise are just kidding themselves because they want him to stay.

It's probably you kidding yourself because you're desperate to see him play next season. And seeing as you're refusing to watch us next season, that'll be your only chance :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, useless said:

For all any of us know, he might have a release clause in his contract that allows him to leave at cut price, in the event of relegation.

Seeing as we have been in a relegation fight the last few years and we were only signing players who would have a relegation wage clause I doubt we will have agreed to relegation release fees at values less then we paid. They are quite probably in the contracts, but not at crazy low fees but probably about 25% higher then we paid. If a player or agent tried to push for a dirt cheap one we will have likely not signed that player. To do otherwise would be pure idiocy.

Â