Adama Traore

mwj

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Everton have Deulofeu and Spurs have Lamela, Son playing wide right so he probably wouldnt get near these teams yet

Whilst true, a club in Spurs position could give Adama a better chance to progress especially with more first team opportunities in  Europa League, domestic cups etc. (more likely to progress than us). Hopefully it won't happen and he'll be here next season 

Edited by avfc_in_essex

The thing is though our new boys mostly signed on 5 year deals I the summer, we are very unlikely to sell them for the same or less than we paid, and they weren't bargain basement signings, I think the power is with us even if we go down. Unless their wages are cripplingly high, which I doubt given our recent policy, if we didn't want to sell them their only real option would be to go on strike to force a move and that's pretty rare in isolated incidents let alone en masse throughout our team

The thing is though our new boys mostly signed on 5 year deals I the summer, we are very unlikely to sell them for the same or less than we paid, and they weren't bargain basement signings, I think the power is with us even if we go down. Unless their wages are cripplingly high, which I doubt given our recent policy, if we didn't want to sell them their only real option would be to go on strike to force a move and that's pretty rare in isolated incidents let alone en masse throughout our team

Not sure how much contracts meant theses days, there will be relegation clauses for wages, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's also release clauses for relegation too. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a firesale and Hollis is here to instigate it, I'm not saying that it will happen hopefully not.

But, and I would never claim to be any form of ITK, I'm 99% sure the relegation clauses would be for more than we paid, maybe not by much, but surely more, and we paid £8-10mil for most of our better players, so we'd be looking at worst at £10-12mil clauses...have any of them done enough to command that kind of fee? Maybe Ayew but while he's highly thought of here I don't think many other teams know too much about him. Traore has proven he's not ready for PL football yet, so you're assuming someone will take a £10-12mil punt for a player likely to be in the reserves or loaned out who may or may not make it, there aren't too many teams that would take that kind of gamble, 1 less once we go down as well!

• Like 1

Far from looking better in superior squad, I think it would just serve to highlight his faults even more. 

Not being to harsh on the kid, he clearly has lots of potential, but he is a long long way from being good enough to start games here let alone a club like UTD. 

He will be here next season IMO. 

15 minutes ago, weedman said:

But, and I would never claim to be any form of ITK, I'm 99% sure the relegation clauses would be for more than we paid, maybe not by much, but surely more, and we paid £8-10mil for most of our better players, so we'd be looking at worst at £10-12mil clauses...have any of them done enough to command that kind of fee? Maybe Ayew but while he's highly thought of here I don't think many other teams know too much about him. Traore has proven he's not ready for PL football yet, so you're assuming someone will take a £10-12mil punt for a player likely to be in the reserves or loaned out who may or may not make it, there aren't too many teams that would take that kind of gamble, 1 less once we go down as well!

Agreed. 

54 minutes ago, weedman said:

Yeah but with the TV money kicking in big time next season, a cheeky 10mill punt will be nothing to all teams in the Prem.

Traore has tonnes of natural of ability on the ball and the physical ability that 99% of professional footballers could only dream of.

He has also had the best education in arguably the greatest footballing academy in history. If he wasn't able to pick up how to understand the game (i.e. knowing when to pass the ball, how to move off the ball) at Barcelona, he never will, simple as that, sure as **** Mark Hughes or Roberto Martinez wont teach it him.

Not knocking him, he's still a devastating player who I would hate to see go, I just think his potential is overstated.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 1

The point on the TV money is a good one - don't be in the slightest bit surprised to see Stoke, Leicester and Southampton knocking out £20m bids for players in the summer; take last years price and double it.

What that means for our relegated players is very interesting - do you want to take a punt on an exciting prospect from the fringes of the Villa team that went down, or do you want to skip straight to taking a proven player out of the Inter Milan first team? 

The money in next years league is a double edged sword for anyone wanting to leave here. 

53 minutes ago, useless said:

The very fact that people are desperately searching for reasons why Traore might stay, is an indication in itself that there's going to be interest in him.

No, in my case, Useless, it's an indication that I do not think he is good enough for anyone to be interested in him.

I must be watching a different player to some of you. I really don't see what he has done so far for there to be interest in him, especially considering the price we paid for him.

That is assuming of course that we'd do what a normal team would do and hold out for a significant profit. If we're willing to sell him for what we paid to get him off the wage bill then maybe.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I must be watching a different player to some of you. I really don't see what he has done so far for there to be interest in him, especially considering the price we paid for him.

That is assuming of course that we'd do what a normal team would do and hold out for a significant profit. If we're willing to sell him for what we paid to get him off the wage bill then maybe.

This. I keep saying it but he's done nothing so far to suggest anyone will be willing to pay enough for him that we'd be happy to sell.

Unless we're desperate to get rid of his wages I can't see him leaving in the summer. 

Just now, Wainy316 said:

That's the worry.

Even then, I don't think it would make financial sense.

Let's say he's on 50k a week. That's £2.5 million a year give or take.

If we moved him on now we'd easily be losing more than that on his transfer fee. Surely even our board/management team will realise that if we sell him NEXT summer after playing a year in the championship, we'll get a lot more than an extra £2.5 million for him.

I think it would be an awful financial decision to sell him this summer. Unless he's kicking up a fuss about leaving, or somebody does decide to spend a ridiculous amount on him (which I can't see) I think he'll be here next year.

• Like 1

Surely Stoke would be the only club who will be interested if we go down. Everyone will have known about what he could do when he was at Barcelona and yet only ourselves and Stoke took any interest. He hasn't really developed at all since then so there's no real reason why any other club would come in for him now.

Â