Adama Traore

mwj

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Not so sure

Stoke were prepared to match what ever we offered in the summer. He's still unproven with bags of potential, I'm sure they'd be interested in still adding him. 

Not sure I agree mate. He has shown he has pace to burn and can run with the ball. 

He has also shown that he is incapable of passing, has absolutely no movement off the ball, and seems uninterested in proceedings until he gets the ball. 

Now I agree he has bags of potential, but I think potential suitors will want to see improvement in those weakness's before shelling out £10m +. Because even if we go  down that's what we'll require imo. 

Edited by av1

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

No chance.

Yep, I really don't think he will.

Unless he sets the league on light when he returns from injury, I don't think anyone will be interested for the kind of money we'd need to sell him for for it to make sense.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not sure I agree mate. He has shown he has pace to burn and can run with the ball. 

He has also shown that he is incapable of passing, has absolutely no movement off the ball, and seems uninterested in proceedings until he gets the ball. 

Now I agree he has bags of potential, but I think potential suitors will want to see improvement in those weakness's before shelling out £10m +. Because even if we go  down that's what we'll require imo. 

They were happy to spend big on his potential last summer. I don't see this season putting them off, if their scouts still see him as a star that can develop for the future, I can't see why they wouldn't be in for him 

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree completely, think he in championship he will be an animal

I can see the adverts now. He's a bit of an animal...

484355310.png

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

They were happy to spend big on his potential last summer. I don't see this season putting them off, if their scouts still see him as a star that can develop for the future, I can't see why they wouldn't be in for him 

Because we will (or should) want more.

16 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I suppose.

But then in the summer he was a Barcelona wonder kid destined for the top. Now he is a young man that due to his flaws is not considered ready to start games for the worst team in the league. Now I know he is still the same player but that puts a different angle on peoples opinion.  

Because let's face it, we are all aware that he could become something special if he is capable of ironing out these flaws (I know I keep mentioning these flaws but they are rather big ones) but there is absolutley no guarantee he will capable of doing so, if there was he wouldn't currently be playing (sitting in the bench) for Aston Villa. 

On to Stoke, after their interest in Traore they went on to sign Shaqiri and Afelley to add to Arnaurovic (sp?) I'd wager that they will not still be interested in spending £10m on Traore given the performances of all 4 so far this season. 

He is a gamble, He was a gamble for us In the summer, one that hasn't paid off for us yet, and he will be a big gamble for anyone wanting to buy him off us, maybe a bigger gamble given that we would probably want at least, if not more than we paid for him. I can't see many wanting to take that gamble in the summer. 

Edited by av1

If we go down there will interest in him from more teams than potentially just Stoke. We'd be in danger of losing all our good / promising players, none of them I'd expect us to keep, including Traore.

He might have some sort of release clause in his contract, it's almost certain that he'll experience a drop in wages. He's shown bits and pieces whilst he's been here, if another team comes in for him it'll be more about potential than anything else, basically they'll be signing him for the exact same reason we signed him last summer. I'm sure there will be plenty of interest from across Europe.

36 minutes ago, useless said:

If we go down there will interest in him from more teams than potentially just Stoke. We'd be in danger of losing all our good / promising players, none of them I'd expect us to keep, including Traore.

I really think people will be surprised at how many players we hold onto.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I really think people will be surprised at how many players we hold onto.

Yep unless some really impress on a spirited but but ultimately failed survival attempt then I don't think anyone has really earned a move.

Â