Adama Traore

mwj

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe he'll stay until January, he does seem up for the fight even if he hasn't played much for one reason or another.

He would rip the championship up big time imo, many teams down there struggle against any sort of pace so I'd like to see it happen.

I don't think he will leave at all. I think he is the one player brought in for the long haul by the club and the one with the biggest potential price tag in 2 -3 years time. It makes no sense to sell anyway as we wouldn't earn on any deal this year imo as his stock hasn't really jumped too much. Can't see any club offering the money we would want for him.

Edited by avfc1982am

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

God I hope he stays. I think he'd be one of the best, if not the best player in the championship next season. 

I actually agree, at least in terms of raw talent. Hopefully we can work on his tactical astuteness in the meantime. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DCJonah said:

God I hope he stays. I think he'd be one of the best, if not the best player in the championship next season. 

Thinking about him playing in the Championship gives me an erection. 

I think he'd run riot.

• Like 3

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Thinking about him playing in the Championship gives me an erection. 

I think he'd run riot.

I could see him having the type of effect Taarabt had for QPR down there a few years ago. Would be great for his development as well. I hope we can convince him of that. 

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I could see him having the type of effect Taarabt had for QPR down there a few years ago. Would be great for his development as well. I hope we can convince him of that. 

Convince him? He is under contract so will have to do what the club wants.  Isn't he meant to be one of our higher earners though?

Agree he would rip up the Championship if stays fit. Almost something to look forward too. 

22 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't think he will leave at all. I think he is the one player brought in for the long haul by the club and the one with the biggest potential price tag in 2 -3 years time. It makes no sense to sell anyway as we wouldn't earn on any deal this year imo as his stock hasn't really jumped too much. Can't see any club offering the money we would want for him.

I agree. I don't think has done anywhere near enough for a another Prem team to even offer what we paid, let alone what we'd want. I'd be surprised if he isn't with us next year. 

I would cry, or well up and come close to crying if he left. I know he's got his limitations, he needs to work on when to release the ball or not, make better runs off the ball and such but he's one of the most explosive players I've seen at any club, not just Aston Villa. There's a diamond in the rough with this kid and the coaches and manager are there to help un-earth that massive potential that he has. It's been a frustrating start to his Villa career but I think both him and the club need to show patience, a season in the Championship (if we don't stay up could be the making of him). I assume his wages would drop in the Championship but with such limited game time and injury issues so far this season he's not likely to get a big wage elsewhere either so stick with us, kid, listen to Remi and his crew and everybody will benefit long term.

That was my 100th post. I was saving it for something special. I believe Adama could be for us. Don't make me regret it or I'll sprint after you.

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, av1 said:

I agree. I don't think has done anywhere near enough for a another Prem team to even offer what we paid, let alone what we'd want. I'd be surprised if he isn't with us next year. 

That's exactly how I see it too.

If there's anyone left at Villa with an ounce of financial sense, they'll realise we'll make way more money if we hold onto this guy and give him a season in the championship and sell him next season, even if we have to stomach his wages for a year.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's exactly how I see it too.

If there's anyone left at Villa with an ounce of financial sense, they'll realise we'll make way more money if we hold onto this guy and give him a season in the championship and sell him next season, even if we have to stomach his wages for a year.

Agree completely, think he in championship he will be an animal

17 hours ago, av1 said:

Not so sure

Stoke were prepared to match what ever we offered in the summer. He's still unproven with bags of potential, I'm sure they'd be interested in still adding him. 

Â