Adama Traore

mwj

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

According to Wikipedia, he's 5"10, he's not small in my opinion 

I didn't say he was small, I was disputing that he is big.

I'm sorry but in this day and age 5" 10 (which i'm not convinced that he is) is average at best.

Anyway. A striker he is not, a wing back he is not. It'll be for profit if anything which again seems barmy to me.

We should have played him as a striker, he wouldn't even have had to play on the shoulder, his pace is that quick he could give himself a yard, wouldn't have to think about passing and if worst came to worst and he did **** all hed make the opposition play a deep line

still maintain that one of his biggest issues is that he can't play in behind, he wants everything to feet to then turn and run, if you could coach him to run on to a through ball he'd at least be useful 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We should have played him as a striker, he wouldn't even have had to play on the shoulder, his pace is that quick he could give himself a yard, wouldn't have to think about passing and if worst came to worst and he did **** all hed make the opposition play a deep line

still maintain that one of his biggest issues is that he can't play in behind, he wants everything to feet to then turn and run, if you could coach him to run on to a through ball he'd at least be useful 

I'm 99% sure coaches have tried. That's the problem.

On 18/01/2017 at 19:15, Zatman said:

He is big strong direct lad, maybe Chelsea see him as a striker in Costa mould

There's certainly "something" there with Adama. If it can be harnessed by top coaches then he could be turned into a top class player.

Chelsea have the money and the staff to give it a try (and not lose any sleep if it doesn't work).

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Absolutely.

If he learned to beat a man, and then lay it off and make a run in behind he'd be dangerous.

It seems so simple. But you're right, he only ever got it into feet and then took on the world.

Which to be fair was still dangerous, but frustrating quite a lot of the time.

On 18 January 2017 at 18:25, Xela said:

I don't think it would be a surprise. There is no way Sherwood would have known who Adama was, same with a lot of the overseas players. 

I'm pretty sure Tim mentioned having seen Adama playing for Barca youth teams when he was youth coach with Spurs.  In his job role there he really should have had a decent grasp of the players in a lot of academies.

• Like 2

Barca b have gone to shit, I think they've produced 2 first team players in the last 5 years if not longer (sergi roberto and rafinha) traore was part of a very poor team that got relegated, if he had seen him for Barca youth there's every danger he wouldn't have thought much of him

On 19/01/2017 at 17:54, villa4europe said:

I posted as much when he played for us ... might have been a work in progress but then I'm fairly sure Henry had a slow start at Arsenal as he was converted from more of a winger ? 

I remember the calls for him to play as a striker. Ridiculous. This was the PL, not an U8s league where you put the fastest kid up front and the biggest in goal.

The only asset he had was pace, you need a bit more than that at this level. Defenders would catch him offside or just drop deep and negate him. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I remember the calls for him to play as a striker. Ridiculous. This was the PL, not an U8s league where you put the fastest kid up front and the biggest in goal.

The only asset he had was pace, you need a bit more than that at this level. Defenders would catch him offside or just drop deep and negate him. 

I think the calls were either play him upfront or don't play him, his skill set for out wide was just pace, at least upfront just having pace might have got him somewhere, I don't doubt for a minute he wouldn't be able to play on the shoulder or time a run properly but with that pace him wouldn't really have to

like I said defenders dropping deep to negate him is pretty much how we've used a useless gabby for the last 5 years, we just haven't got a midfield that utilises the space

one thing Boro fans seem to be saying which we might not have noticed due to him only making cameos is just how lazy he is

• 2 weeks later...
Â