Adama Traore

mwj

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Hope so Stevo, but prior to that we have been abysmal at creating chances for our forwards. 

Prior to that we mostly had a competition winner in charge.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I'm hoping no-one seriously expects Adama to learn to pass. He has absolutely no intention to pass the ball when he gets it. None. He'll never change.

So, I agree with those saying he should be played up front, so that he doesn't face too many defenders when he tries to go forward by himself.

It's exactly this.

He could be SUCH a player if he gave one-twos or actually passed the ball when going forward.  He just seems to have 2 modes - either look to hit the byline and hit a low cross or look to score.

• Like 1

If you can't learn to pass in the youth system that produced Messi, Xavi and Ineista then you are not likely to do it playing with a championship club. I imagine his refusal/inability to pass is the reason he's playing with us and not still at Barcelona.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's exactly this.

He could be SUCH a player if he gave one-twos or actually passed the ball when going forward.  He just seems to have 2 modes - either look to hit the byline and hit a low cross or look to score.

It might help with his decision making too. At the moment he gets the ball because we can't get him in space, all kinds of wrong.

His way of dribbling is really useful. He just need to pass simple passes to find a space to explode. Sometimes you feel hes arrogant. But he needs to start a game soon to have more minutes to impress. Which could make him more comfortable. 

Still hes a unieque player. Just needs to be used properly.

• Like 1

If he's not selected to start games, we should sell (proceeds to Acorns) opportunities to beat him over 50 yards. It would keep him warmed up at the side of the pitch and give us something entertaining to watch. Win-win!

This guy should be a given a chance to play up front.  i think he's got goals in him and will at least give opposition something to seriously think about.  As it stands right now, Ayew, Gestede & Gabby are of making life far too easy for defenders.

• Like 1

The whole team looks bereft of confidence. Might as well play him as he is obviously confident in himself as he generally thinks he can beat 5 players on his own.

I mean could he really do any worse than Gestede yesterday whose biggest contribution yesterday was a block from a Southampton corner.

24 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

The whole team looks bereft of confidence. Might as well play him as he is obviously confident in himself as he generally thinks he can beat 5 players on his own.

I mean could he really do any worse than Gestede yesterday whose biggest contribution yesterday was a block from a Southampton corner.

Saved Villa from going under, that block... :)

The way I look at it...who would be more effective up front on his own? Adama or Gestede? It's a no brainer......I bet Wenger would know how to use him......Gestede offers nothing, Adama will offer something. 

It's obviously got talent...if the manager can't bring that out of him to save a team from relegation, it says a lot about the manager.

• Like 3

Â