Pre-Match thread

roonst83

There will definitely be goals in this game. I think the only way we win is by outscoring them so I'm hoping for a 3-2 win.

Is there any reason no one is mentioning Grealish? Is he not fit/injured? I think he'll be one of our most important players this season.

I'd take the draw but I fear we'll lose for all the reasons already mentioned. Not just that we're away to a newly-promoted side who will be full of confidence on the opening day, but also because we're so far from having a settled side that knows each other.

2-1 to Bournemouth but it's far from the end of the world.

I'm surprised about the negativity. This is still a championship team. We will do them!

We were very close to being a championship team and Bournemouth is a premier league team that did very well last season. 

I'm surprised about the negativity. This is still a championship team. We will do them!

We were very close to being a championship team and Bournemouth is a premier league team that did very well last season.

If we are going to be in a relegation scrap this season then the chances are this game is already a 6 pointer. Important not to lose but I can't see why we can't win.

-----------------------Guzan-------------------------

---Hutton---Richards-----Clark------Amavi----

-----------Westwood--------Gueye----------------

-----------------------Veretout-----------------------

------Grealish--------------------------Sinclair-----

-----------------------Gestede-----------------------

• Like 3

Has Gestede gotten any minutes with us in preseason? I think Kozak will start and we will probably see Gestede as a sub much like when we originally got Benteke and he went on to score.

I'd be happy with that.

Tim has said that there will be a lot of 11 aside games in training to get people up to speed. I know this is not the same as proper match practice but I wouldn't be too surprised to see a couple who haven't been involved much in pre season start. 

I'm genuinely excited to see how we'll line up. There are so many question marks and it'll be fascinating to see who's going to get the nod - it wouldn't be a surprise if Gil starts for example, but it also wouldn't be a surprise if he doesn't make the eighteen on matchday, we're that far away from knowing the team in Sherwood's mind.

103 hours to go.

I've spoken to a lot of Bournemouth fans and seen them a few times last year (I live there). They are very good going forward but weak at the back.

Bearing in mind our defensive frailties you would say this is a game which certainly has goals in it. Probably at both ends. I think it will be a frenetic 100 mile an hour start. Both sides will be seriously pumped up but it will be interesting to see how our French contingent deal with the pace of the game.

Obviously Villa are to a large extent the great unknown here. It will come down to who makes the most mistakes and which midfield can control the game for the longest.

I have no idea which way but I think the score will be 3-2 possibly even 4-2.

Not sure it's really negativity.

I think people are just acknowledging that with so many signings it may take a while for us to click, and as a result, playing a newly promoted team might be an upset on the first day.

Nearly everyone is saying that despite thinking we might lose, we're in for a good season.

Not sure it's really negativity.

I think people are just acknowledging that with so many signings it may take a while for us to click, and as a result, playing a newly promoted team might be an upset on the first day.

Nearly everyone is saying that despite thinking we might lose, we're in for a good season.

Fair enough. I'd just like to think it's a clean slate and anything is possible even from the first game. Non villa fans and pundits expect us too lose too. I'm hoping we surprise everyone and have this sneaky feeling we well.

I'll be disappointed if Kozak starts.

Should be Gestede or Ayew if he's not fit enough. Hopefully after a week here Veretout will be ready to go as well.

Good chance to get off to a winning start but won't be easy.