Where are we finishing

10-14th and a good cup run. But this team, if it gels could really surprise some people (in a positive way)!

This is it for me. I am not expecting a big jump up the table because I fear we could struggle early as the team gels, but this is the first squad since the Milner/Young/Petrov days that I feel has the talent to really make a splash. That talent could all go for naught, but at least it has made me cautiously excited today.

A team that finished 17th last year 

A weaker defence (through departures, injuries and Richards at CB)

An improved midfield probably (at least overall)

A weaker strikeforce

An improved squad depth

A large player turnover makes things unpredictable 

An uninspiring pre-season in terms of results and performances

Tendency to let in last minute goals remains

Limited preason for Guzan, Okore and Grealish

Richardson and N'Zogbia still involved!

With all that data open to interpretation it really is one of the most impossible seasons to predict. We could have a completely new starting XI come Bournemouth! 

My personal opinion is another season of struggle. The main reasoning being the shaky defence, the limited goal threat and the sheer number of changes. 15th to 19th.

However, if all signings hit the ground running, gel with each other and goals are spread around a little more, plus we are lucky with injuries and suspensions then we could make 9th to 14th. I just think the odds, and experience, means the first scenario is more likely. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

We'll finish somewhere between 5th and 18th.

If we sign a CB we have pretty much an entirely new team, which might work brilliantly or not at all.

(But in order to not behave like a wet blanket, I'll say 9th. Scoring loads but not quite enough, and conceding more than we'd like.)

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

I'm hoping for 13th or above. Going by recent seasons anything below that, there is a relegation threat to a certain extent for a lot of the season, which would be nice to not have at all for once.

The reality is it could be anywhere between 7th-18th but I'm high on optimism and I'm going to go with 9th.

Think I've covered enough bases there :)

I know everyone is optimistic this time of year, and I know preseason is all about fitness.. but we played nothing but lower league teams and minnows from abroad. Our record hasn't been that good. I sense we will struggle up until Christmas and in the lower part of the league, but hopefully things will gel and we will push up to 15th. The following season will be better.

• Like 1

Well 5 more wins than last year puts us 9th or 10th, equalling our best position (outside mons three 6ths) in 11 years, and at the dividing line between the heavier point scorers and 'the rest'.

If we acheive that it will have been a terrific achievement at this stage.

Anyone expecting higher than that needs their head examining !!!!

If they don't all gel, (and I must admit a lot of people seem to take it for granted they will), then I will take 3/4 more wins instead and being safe just before Easter.

Â