Starting Lineup....

GeordieVillan

---------------Guzan----------------

Hutton---Richards-----Clark-----Amavi

Gueye----Westwood ----Veretout

------Ayew-------------Sinclair-----

---------------Gestede--------------

Great minds.
Thirded. Pretty good side for Grealish, Gil to fight their way back in to with I imagine another couple of signings on the horizon.

Fourthded, which I am aware isn't a word. Based on who's fit at present that would be my team for Bournemouth although it wouldn't surprise me to see Gabby in for Gestede.

Fifthded.

This

----------------------Guzan

Hutton------Richards-------Clark---------Amavi

----------Westwood----------veretout

Sinclair-------------Gueye-------------Ayew

---------------------gestede

switch sinclair and ayew and play bacunna against weaker teams instead of hutton and id say not too far off
I thought Gueye was a DM

switch sinclair and ayew and play bacunna against weaker teams instead of hutton and id say not too far off
I thought Gueye was a DM

He can play largely anywhere in midfield. He's a box to box midfielder that also played a more attacking role last season and thrived. He's like Veretout in that he can play as a DM just as well as he can play as an AM. We have a very versatile midfield all things considered with both Sinclair and Ayew being as much AM's as they could be FW's. Only Westwood is the single role player but he plays that role so well it's not a fault in his game in the slightest..

it doesnt matter if hes been terrible or if we agree that he should not play at cb, fact is, sherwood clearly plans on playing him there as one of our main two this season.

Well yeah actually it does matter that he has been terrible, if he plays like he did in his last two games on Saturday then there will be uproar from Villa fans. Sherwood making him captain worries me a lot but not as much as Sherwood thinking he's a centre back.

I think people are picking who they think will play there.  Not who they would like to play there.  I don't think there's any doubting the fact that Sherwood is going to put the new captain in at centreback whether we like it or not.  If I had my way he'd probably be on the right alongside Clark and Okore (when he's fit).

I think he will find a place for Bacuna instead of Veretout and play 433 with the ball and 451 without.

Though I prefer your team

it doesnt matter if hes been terrible or if we agree that he should not play at cb, fact is, sherwood clearly plans on playing him there as one of our main two this season.

Well yeah actually it does matter that he has been terrible, if he plays like he did in his last two games on Saturday then there will be uproar from Villa fans. Sherwood making him captain worries me a lot but not as much as Sherwood thinking he's a centre back.

I think people are picking who they think will play there. Not who they would like to play there. I don't think there's any doubting the fact that Sherwood is going to put the new captain in at centreback whether we like it or not. If I had my way he'd probably be on the right alongside Clark and Okore (when he's fit).
Yeah I know but still doesn't stop me having issue with it as he has been terrible but yeah I'm sure he will start there also, hopefully he has learned quickly from his mistakes in pre season and if he hasn't then hopefully Sherwood moves him to right back sharpish.

hello everyone- new poster...  25yr long Villa fan from USA.  Been reading VT for years.

My understanding is Gil is injured and I read the Grealish is playing in a youth game Friday?  If true- that would mean neither are available for Saturday to me.  My lineup assumes that players who have not played in pre-season are still eligible to play Saturday.  I'm hopeful TS will play the best players, the new guys are kids...  so I have a tough time envisioning them not being 'fit' for a match.

442 diamond for me- 2 attackers up top and FBs for width to really go after Bourne tomorrow.  I don't think we will see wingers used until Gil and Grealish are healthy and ready to play behind the striker(s).

Villa 3-1 victory for me.  UTV!!!

------------------Guzan------------------

Bacuna---Richards---Clark---Amavi

----------------Westwood---------------

-----Gana----------------Veretout-----

------------------Ayew-------------------

-------Gestede---------Sinclair--------

• Like 2

Welcome !

Using those personnel I'd probably have Sinclair alongside Ayew behind Gestede up on his own. And I see you using Gana. Very accurate :D:thumb:

• Like 1

Might not be the team I'd pick, but think it will be:

------------------Guzan------------------

Hutton---Richards---Clark---Amavi

---------Gueye---Westwood---------

Bacuna-----------------------Sinclair

------------------Ayew----------------

-----------------Kozak----------------

Edited by dAVe80

VILLA: Bunn, Hutton, Richards ©, Clark, Amavi, Westwood, Gueye, Sanchez, Bacuna, Sinclair, Kozak.

Subs: Guzan, Gestede, Baker, Veretout, Ayew, Agbonlahor, Cole.

That's how I think Sherwood will line up tomorrow. He seems to (sadly) rate Bacuna in advanced positions and I also think he'll go with Bunn in goal.

Too early for Veretout and Gestede to start though. We'll miss both Grealish and Gil as well.

Edited by bose

Let's revive this thread. With Gil and Grealish (hopefully) coming back into the fold and new signings looking more likely (Traore, Praet?), who will miss out? Tim can't have promised all new signings constant first team football. I reckon Ayew will need time, as would Traore by the looks of it.