Starting Lineup....

GeordieVillan

I'm still of the opinion that we loan Baker and find an experienced CB to fill the squad spot for Baker/Senderos.  I'm also assuming we will acquire another CM for squad depth, because I too believe that Gardner will go on loan again.  If not, Gardner and another U21 could fill the 'new CM' slot.

Its fun to try and predict all the options with so many new faces.

UTV!

I think Jack (and probably the other youngsters) will be rotated in and out.  They're not going to be able to do a full season without getting knackered, so I can see Tim using different line-ups depending on the opposition and who's in form.  

Options, eh.  Who'd a thunk it?

Bunn

Crespo – Richards – Amavi

Traore – Vertout – Gueye – Sinclair

Ayew – Gestede

seeing as this is currently how this summers transfers line up, we need another centre back :-D

Based on tonight

Guzan
Bacuna       Richards       Clark         Amavi
                      Gana
     Traore          Westwood      Grealish
                       Gil
                     Gestede

But I'd prefer a good quality centre forward to Gestede.

Edited by darrenm

when all fit, however would like another forward.

....................................................Guzan........................................................

Bacuna.................Richards...........................Clark...........................Amavi

...............................Veretout.........................Gueye...................................

Traore..........................................Gil...............................................Grealish

...............................................Gestede.......................................................

....................................................Guzan........................................................

Richards.................Okore...........................Clark...........................Amavi

..................................................Sanchez......................................................

...............................Westwood.........................Gueye...................................

Traore.................................................................................................Gil

...............................................Gestede.......................................................

If all were fit, I think that's what I'd go with. 

Richards.................Okore...........................Clark...........................Amavi

..................................................Sanchez......................................................

...............................Westwood.........................Gueye...................................

Traore.................................................................................................Gil

If all were fit, I think that's what I'd go with. 

Pretty much agree with this. I'm keen to see Gil being given ago after flashes of brilliance early on in his time here. I'd look to bring Veretout in for Westwood as time goes by.

I find myself thinking a lot about this, wondering (worrying even) how we can accommodate all of Richards Clark and Okore at centre back, all of Westwood, Sanchez, Veretout and Gana in midfield, all of Adama, Grealish, Gil, Ayew, Sinclair...

Then I chastise myself for the small-time thinking, it's not about having a first XI and then some not-quite-as-good players on the bench, it's about having a squad and an equally accomplished player to come in for another in the case of injuries, loss of form, and tactical flexibility.

In short I think what I'm saying is I want them all to be first choice, but it's not a bad thing they can't all be.

I would love to see us play sometime with Adama, Gil and Grealish on the pitch at the same time though.

• Like 1

-------------------- Guzan ------------------

Bacuna -- RIchards - Clark -- Amavi

------------------- Gueye ------------------

Traore --- Grealish - Veretout ---- Gil

------------------- Ayew --------------------

• Like 1

Richards isn't going to play at RB and Bacuna to me isn't good enough to be a starting player there. If we can offload Hutton (seems to be behind Bacuna), get another RB in and we're set.

---------------------Guzan

New RB----Richards---Clark---Amavi

-----------Westwood---Gueye

Adama-----------Gil------------Grealish

-----------------Gestede

Subs:
Ayew

Gabby

Bacuna

Okore

Veretout

Sinclair

Sanchez

I don't see how we can play Adama, Gil and Grealish all at the same time. I think it leaves us light defensively, and also I'm not sure how many goals they have in them.

I suspect most of the time we will see one of either Sinclair or Ayew playing as we know Sinclair can score goals from wide areas and I suspect Ayew will be the same once he finds his feet.

That then leaves 2 slots (one number 10 role and one wide) for Adama, Gil and Grealish, with one of them on the bench. That leaves one striker up front - who would be Gestede, with Gabby as back up, and Ayew at a push can do the role.

That all assumes though we start only playing 2 in centre midfield, which would be two from - Westwood, Sanchez, Veretout and Gana. Based on the first 2 games, I think one of these has to be Gana, so that leaves one spot for the other 3.

The back 4 and Guzan picks itself at the minute, which is good, as its better to have a settled defence. So, if fit, against Palace I think Tim might go with -

Guzan

Bacuna

Richards

Clark

Amavi

Westwood

Gana

Traore

Gil

Sinclair

Gestede

I just have a feeling that he might take Veretout and Ayew out of the pressure cooker for the minute and give them more time to settle if we have other options becoming available.

Edited by GeordieVillan

I want at least one match with the above formation before it's either too late because we're in a relegation scrap or too late because we're vying for Top 6 and every point matters.. Sherwood do it this weekend while you can.