Rudy Gestede

midian

• 2 weeks later...

OK this this is a minor point but it's the 90th minute and we are battling to save the game, who is at right back, Rudy Gestede! 

Go to 7:08 and pause.  Then sit back and watch his total determination to defend like his life depended on it.....

Edited by Gary Thomas

How many times did he touch the ball since he came on? Once? Header off target in the 90th minute

I've never seen a player so big in size and yet so completely invisible. 

£6 million on this guy and  £10 million on Ayew is a total shocking waste of money. Sherwood out.

Yes he can't move, yes he has nothing to his game other than heading but the brainless tactics of fighting balls hopefully in to the box make his life no easier. The one time Bacuna whipped one in he got a good connection just ill directed. 

Sorry nowhere near good enough for me for this league.

He's been unlucky he's followed Benteke but he's just so big and gangly and awkward to watch, just not the sort of forward player I like to watch tbh.

In a funny sort of way I wonder how detrimental to the season him scoring on his debut v Bournemouth was as I think fans, Sherwood, everyone got carried away he could take over the mantle from Benteke this season.

He's miles off that.

The most immobile player i've ever seen

He's never going to score unless the ball is placed directly on his forehead and we have no set piece takers or crossers of the ball capable of doing that

His movement is none existent and someone in the match thread likened him to a tree you couldn't describe him better

I thought Bowery was crap but at least he gave us that wheelchair gif

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Remarkable how Rudy has gone from being described to the likes of Shearer and Pelle (see start of thread) to being someone we must get rid of immediately. Truly remarkable. 

Edited by West
  • Like 3

Remarkable how Rudy has gone from being described to the likes of Shearer and Pelle (see start of thread) to being someone we must get rid of immediately. Remarkable. 

That's what a month does in football. The guy is clearly not up to PL standard

Just not a very good player and totally out of his depth in the PL. I said to my son at half time that he needed to come on just to give us a target man. He was brought on much to the excitement of the Holte End (why I know not) and flopped miserably again. He missed most of his headers and was totally out muscled for most balls. A total waste of £6m as far as I can see.

Â