Rudy Gestede

midian

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Even if he did Gestede would do **** all with it.

Sorry bit his overrall record would suggest differently. Just because he has been crap in an overall crap team who doesnt play to his strengths does not make him suddenly useless. Even the likes of Benteke have endured this. If we can get an all round better striker or midfield player its a good deal for all parties though.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry bit his overrall record would suggest differently. Just because he has been crap in an overall crap team who doesnt play to his strengths does not make him suddenly useless. Even the likes of Benteke have endured this. If we can get an all round better striker or midfield player its a good deal for all parties though.

His overall record is about 1 goal in every 6 games so no it doesn't 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's had basically one good season,  he didn't score much at all before Blackburn.  Football is littered with strikers who had one good season,  got a big move then failed to repeat that season anywhere else ever again.  I strongly suspect Rudy is another of those strikers.

To be honest I couldn't really care if he did go somewhere else and play well,  he's never shown any signs of it here,  I don't think he ever will and we are not in a million years going to style the team around him so it's best for all parties if he leaves. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think Rhodes would be any different and with our lack of chances created would be a poor signing

Rhodes has consistently scored goals season after season in The Championship.  Rudy had just one season scoring goals. 

There is no such thing as a sure bet,  but Rhodes is as near to that as you get in this division. 

Plus Bruce will 100% be doing something with the midfield to increase the chances so I don't think that's going to be a problem anyway. 

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Rhodes has consistently scored goals season after season in The Championship.  Rudy had just one season scoring goals. 

There is no such thing as a sure bet,  but Rhodes is as near to that as you get in this division. 

Plus Bruce will 100% be doing something with the midfield to increase the chances so I don't think that's going to be a problem anyway. 

McCormack says hello

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

McCormack says hello

Like I said there is no such thing as a sure bet. 

You can only look at their history and suspect they can will repeat previous exploits. 

Rhodes history is immeasurably better than Gestades.

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Like I said there is no such thing as a sure bet. 

You can only look at their history and suspect they can will repeat previous exploits. 

Rhodes history is immeasurably better than Gestades.

But so is McCormacks

There's a good reason an established premier league club hasn't bought Rhodes despite all his goals, I'm now understanding why that also applies to McCormack though prior to this season I'd have said that McCormack had a stronger all round game than Rhodes.

• Like 2

Â