Rudy Gestede

midian

On 12/20/2016 at 13:01, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Honestly, why on earth Pulis thinks that's a good idea god only knows. He's nowhere near good enough for a mid table premier league side. 

Can't control, can't hold it up, can't pass, can't shoot. Will win the occasional header, which will normally go to the opposition. Will score the occasional goal with his head, but when was the last time you saw him attack anything in the box with conviction? 

I'll be astounded if it happens, particularly if we get actual money for him. 

The only time i can remember was away at Bournemouth last year.....not near consistent enough.

has presence, but does little with it.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I think it is actually :clap:

just testing my detective skills:)

however,I need some tuition on here with images & emoticons

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Gestede is not a very good player and I don't think he should start games for us, but he is good as an impact player to throw in towards the end of the games. Whip in some crosses and he will score goals. He gives us a different option up front and I'd be glad to keep him. We bought him for £ 6-7 M didn't we? He has proved he can score in the premier league, the prices has inflated, it's the January transfer window and the clubs in the bottom of the PL are desperate - I would hold out for £ 10 M for him.

I would rather see Gestede be thrown in to the team than Gabby or Kozáck. With Kodjia and Ayew unavailable in January I assume that we have a replacment lined up. Rhodes seems probable, never seen him play, but if Bruce rates him, I'd be happy to take him.  

Rhodes has been strongly linked last week...any chance there could be a swop?

Gestede is just a one dimensional striker really....no pace and to be effective you have to cross to him as he can't hold it up either.

Getting our money back for him is a good result considering he's very much back up and even behind Gabby in the pecking order now.

We have Ayew and Kodjia until the Cardiff game don't we so we have a bit of time to get in a striker for the Wolves game.

FA cup is a write off for many reasons. 

I'd sell gestede and look to bring in another striker on loan for the remainder of the season and also give rhm his chance. 

If the reported fee of £7m is correct then it's a great deal for us. 

I like Rudy but he is never going to be a prolific striker for us so we may as well cash in. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Rhodes has been strongly linked last week...any chance there could be a swop?

Gestede is just a one dimensional striker really....no pace and to be effective you have to cross to him as he can't hold it up either.

I dont think Rhodes would be any different and with our lack of chances created would be a poor signing

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

it's annoying as we need to shift our forwards like Gestede and Kozak and replace them with capable midfielders, but we lose Ayew and Kodjia for 4 - 8 games and Bruce won't play RHM until he signs a contract, so we still need striker cover i think

It's won't be 8 games bro. 6 absolute max, if they make the final. 1 of those will be the FA Cup game, potentially another if we make it through (28th Jan which will mean postponing the Bristol game).

So 4-5 max in the league.  

28 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Have I missed something? Isn't Gestede off to ACN anyway? So it wouldn't be leaving us light cos he wouldn't be here either way. 

Benin didn't qualify..

Â