Rudy Gestede

midian

I don't see us getting rid of Kozak, I just don't think that's in Sherwood's plans. Especially after a solid pre-season campaign for us. I don't necessarily think we need to get rid of anyone but either the Berbatov thing isn't happening or Gabby might be on his way. 

I think selling Kozak is at the very forefront of Sherwoods plans.

I am very happy with a bunch of guys who will each contribute to the goal tally. Might just give us a chance to hang on to them.

Sure bet if we were to pick up a goal-scoring machine he would be away in no time.

Via Sky Sports News:

VILLA IN ADVANCED TALKS WITH GESTEDE

There's more on the news of Aston Villa's reported chase of Blackburn Rovers striker Rudy Gestede.~

Sky sources understand the two clubs are in advanced talks over the sale ofGestede.

The player’s expected to undergo a medical at Villa in the next 24 hours.

-----------------------------------------------------
Looks like this one is pretty much a done deal, never seen him play but I heard some good things about him last season. 

Not as good as Benteke on the floor but certainly a threat and he knows where the goal is. Also would make our setpieces a lot more of a threat, absolute machine in the air, maybe even more so than Benteke due to the fact he can work with whipped balls just as well as floated ones - with Benteke we were always reliant on floated balls that he could evaluate the ball while it is in the air - something he is incredibly good at doing. 

We'll never replace the big man but if we can put together a decent team behind a new big man, we should still get some goals. Amavi and Bacuna whipping balls in to this fella is a nice thought!

Â