Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Like Trent, suspicious of this one. Very happy if it's true though... It just seems wrong somehow. I could see it being a dry gag that had been lost in translation fairly easily. And journalists regularly follow the herd...

You can't lose something in French when it is started and then investigated/reported in French. There is no translation process.

• Like 1

It's been reported by major football outlet over there. Don't see what's to question anymore.

Not really, its more outlets recycling the same story over and over.

Obviously hope its true though, but remain cautious

I didn't expect Gueye, Ayew or Amavi to be true when i first heard them.

Nantes are resigned to him leaving for an English club.

Only thing left to find out is which English club he is joining. FWIW, I'm sure it will be us. 

I still think we need another central midfielder after we bring in Veretout though. If we get Praet I might actually feel positive about the new season!

UTV

It's been reported by major football outlet over there. Don't see what's to question anymore.

Not really, its more outlets recycling the same story over and over.

Obviously hope its true though, but remain cautious

I didn't expect Gueye, Ayew or Amavi to be true when i first heard them.

I don't agree with you, the media outlets running the Gueye/Amavi/Ayew stories are now linking our next (supposed) signing from the French league. But regardless they have been very good sources, so if they run it then I'd say it's credible. Edited by mightysasquatch

It sounds so much like a Villa transfer to me........'unnamed English club' we know we like to keep things quiet....Unfortunately, a loud mouthed french journo who has links to the president of Nantes lets it slip. Just because it wasn't broken in our press doesn't make it nonsense. Who for one knew about Crespo until Cordoba confirmed it?

Â