Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

This one sounds like it's almost done. It's a strange feeling that these players are so attracted to playing for Villa.

Perhaps the sale of Snake and Benteke has helped us in that regard. Players perhaps see us a stepping stone to better things and if they don't make it to a higher level we're still at a very respectable level ourselves.

'Jordan there is a man on the telephone, he says he's from D'Aston Ville '.

' Zut alors! '

Jordan Veretout jets in for talks with Aston Villa amid Leicester bid to hijack deal for £7m Nante midfielder

By Laurie Whitwell for MailOnline

Published: 04:20 EST, 29 July 2015 | Updated: 04:24 EST, 29 July 2015

Nante midfielder Jordan Veretout is expected to fly into England in the next 48 hours to decide a move to the Premier League with Aston Villa working towards an agreement.

Leicester City are believed to have launched a counter bid but reports in France suggest the France Under-21 international’s preferred destination is Villa Park as stands.

Tim Sherwood has already signed three players from Ligue 1 and a deal worth an initial £7million is on the table for Veretout. 

2AE7673900000578-0-image-a-4_14381613314

+3

Nante midfielder Jordan Veretout is close to completing a £7million deal to join Aston Villa

2AEB578A00000578-0-image-a-2_14381613205

+3

Leicester City are reported to have submitted a rival bid for the promising France Under 21 midfielder

Leicester have offered £10.5m according to L’Equipe, but the 22-year-old wishes to join the French revolution at Villa. Le Parisien and Ouest France report similar.

Waldemar Kita, Nantes president, told L’Equipe: ‘He made his choice, and I will go in its direction.’ Veretout is seen as a highly-promising player. He won the Under-20 World Cup two years ago alongside Paul Pogba, scoring a penalty in the shootout final.

2AEB167800000578-0-image-a-5_14381614215

+3

Three of Tim Sherwood's seven summer signings have come from Ligue 1, including Jordan Ayew (centre)

A product of the Nante youth system, last season he scored seven of the side’s 29 goals in Ligue 1 to secure a 14th-place finish.

Sherwood has already bought Lille’s Idrissa Gueye, Nice’s Jordan Amavi and Lorient’s Jordan Ayew from the French first division.

Get the deal done Villa before those sly foxes try to steal our future star!

PS: Fair play to the president of Nantes for taking a hit on fee in order to let this lad play for the claret and bleus :clap:

• Like 3

It's looking likely isn't it? So I'm gonna say welcome, just so you all think I know something I don't.

OMG Tezvilla is ITK!! Slam him!!

Rabble rabble rabble rabble.... rabble rabble.....

Rabble.

I've had a read over the FoxesTalk forum.

I know we all hold our clubs in high esteem as fans, and admittedly it's not all of them, but my god, the delusion on their about the place of a small provincial team, unknown abroad, who have spent much of the past 15 years and their entire existence, looking around in the Mickey Mouse leagues is quite staggering.

They spent 90% of the season rooted to the foot of the table, they've lost their only Premier Legaue quality player who was instrumental in their good run.

They're likely to be relegated next season, yet if you read some of the comments you'd think you were on a Champions League clubs website.

It's actually quite amusing. They're like a fat bird on a night out who is wearing a dress too small for herself and leaving her blubber on show, but strutting around as if she was fit, when in reality, the only chance of pulling she has got is drunken stay dos on a bet for pulling the pig.

They were the same at the friendly v Burton I went to last night.  They were shockingly bad truly awful team.

7 summer signings?

Bunn

Crespo

Richards

Amavi

Gueye

Ayew

Sinclair

I think including Veretout there will be 4 more making 11 signings,  so basically its same club, new team

• Like 1

It's actually quite amusing. They're like a fat bird on a night out who is wearing a dress too small for herself and leaving her blubber on show, but strutting around as if she was fit, when in reality, the only chance of pulling she has got is drunken stag dos on a bet for pulling the pig.

Spoken like a man who's been on a stag do to Leicester!

• Like 2

They were the same at the friendly v Burton I went to last night.  They were shockingly bad truly awful team.

7 summer signings?

Bunn

Crespo

Richards

Amavi

Gueye

Ayew

Sinclair

I think including Veretout there will be 4 more making 11 signings,  so basically its same club, new team

We need to sign another Belgian  - doesn't feel right not having one in the club anymore...

Do you know what positions we will be looking at?

How close are we to Veretout? Is it likely to be scuppered at the last minute?

7 summer signings?

Bunn

Crespo

Richards

Amavi

Gueye

Ayew

Sinclair

Add Adebayor too.

If Vertout has said he wants to play for the mighty Villa he will :D . There is nothing Leicester can do about it (or Nantes chairman), even if Nantes would accept the bid from Leicester Vertout doesn't have to sign for them if he knows there are better clubs in for him (that would be Villa of course).

So once they accepted the bid and allowed us to talk to the player (agent), there isn't much the can do, except kepping him of course, which would not be good for any part.

7 summer signings?

Bunn

Crespo

Richards

Amavi

Gueye

Ayew

Sinclair

Add Adebayor too.

Ok more than 11!!!!

There'll be some out obviously as well

Would rather we went for a right winger than another striker if we get Adebayor. The links to N'tep looked exciting. Then a 22 year old centre-half from Ligue 1 at around about the 9m euro mark to round off the eleven.

Those Leicester fans should feel like utter morons right now eh.

Big fan of the Nantes chairman. I'm sure he understands that we are only doing our job in negotiation. Finer details and all that.

Very surprised this might happen. My baggies fan made txt me to express his disgust that we are signing such quality.

Exciting.

Â