Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

I sure hope so, but I remain tentative until it's writ in stone.

Is "writ" a word ?

it's lazyspeak for written  B)

ffs kids these days...

writ 1

(rĭt)

n.
1. Law A written order issued by a court, commanding the party to whom it is addressed to perform or cease performing a specified act.
2. Writings: holy writ.
[Middle English, from Old English.]
writ 2

(rĭt)

v.
A past tense and a past participle of write.
  • Like 1

140 guests on this thread. Wonder how many are Leicester fans desperately holding out to buy a player

Slight off topic but Leicester seem to be trying to throw a lot of money about but not sign anyone. Either no one wants to go to them, it's the classic make it look like you're trying to spend money but have no intention really or they are just inept.

Unless they do sign players I fully expect them to struggle. Which is always good to know if Le Plan A doesn't work (optimistic it will though)

Well if any of that is true, apart from the pillock bit that obviously is, then we need to pull our finger out and finish it up.  If this guy is as good as everyone here says, and we're dithering about some formalities at the potential of losing out to leicester we need to get it done.

We haven't known real shame until we've been outdone by leicster...

• Like 2

"I am not going to go against the boy. He is a boy who has never done us wrong, who played the game right until the end, contrary to others, who did not sulk"

Sounds like he's got the right attitude (and of course good taste and his brain in the right place choosing Villa over Leicester!)

He's highly rated by all accounts - excited about this one!

I sure hope so, but I remain tentative until it's writ in stone.

Is "writ" a word ?

it's lazyspeak for written  B)

ffs kids these days...

writ 1

(rĭt)

n.
1. Law A written order issued by a court, commanding the party to whom it is addressed to perform or cease performing a specified act.
2. Writings: holy writ.
[Middle English, from Old English.]
writ 2

(rĭt)

v.
A past tense and a past participle of write.

quite concordantly so, myes  :detect:

Managed to come up with a conspiracy theory that makes sense (pretty 'desperate' one aswell)

We identify targets that aren't quite good enough and leak our interest in them. Villa (who I know had a poor scouting network under lambert) think he must be worth it if we are interested. We allow them to make the deal and come back in when too late just to make sure that they get it over the line. 

can't find another explanation that allows me to look forward to a week on Saturday and what follows. I can't do another season like last. My hair fell out ages ago and my nails went with it. 

How Leicester fans get through the day.

• Like 3

After having to deal with the snake it makes a pleasant change to deal with an honourable person in football.

Welcome to the club then Jordan,  you are going to be a legend for us and I am confident now we will be nowhere near a relegation battle this season.  Amazing signing hats off to Sherwood

• Like 4

Â