Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

I can just picture it now. A late Sunday night, sherwood sitting in his living room with his laptop wondering how he's going to recover the mess that is aston villa. So he opens up football manager, hires the very best scouts available, and thinks right, where do I start? I know, I'll search for the name Jordan and see what comes up...

• Like 2

It does seem odd to have such similarities. It looks like our scouting network was based solely in Ligue 1 last season, but whether they started their list at J and then got bored and gave up..

Edited by Qwpzxjor1
  • Like 1

I'm more than a little suspicious that this might have started out as a joke that has been lost in translation and the been picked elsewhere.

Just seems unlikely to be true to me but would be happy if it is.

Why would Veretout be unlikely?

I'm more than a little suspicious that this might have started out as a joke that has been lost in translation and the been picked elsewhere.

Not saying he is unlikely more I find it unlikely Sherwood has targeted three players this window with the same name, just seems unlikely to me.

As for the player I've never heard of him and I've certainly haven't heard anything either way in relation to this link.

The cynercism is all my own :)

Isn't being reported in the French press though so not much to lose in translation.

Not saying he is unlikely more I find it unlikely Sherwood has targeted three players this window with the same name, just seems unlikely to me.

As for the player I've never heard of him and I've certainly haven't heard anything either way in relation to this link.

The cynercismm

Ah Ok.

Well I'm pretty sure Sherwood has stolen my Football Manager tactic. He is only signing players who have over 150 potential.....

Isn't being reported in the French press though so not much to lose in translation.

I thought the original link was in a French paper?

Know nothing about him.

all these frenchies I've never seen play so it's kind of frustrating holding back you're excitement coz you're not really sure how good they are.

However after watching token videos of,him he looks incredibly mobile, physical and technically impressive.

Day I say he reminds me of a a younger Gerrard. Good passing range and set pieces. Built very much like him aswell.

• Like 1

From L'Equipe

Il y a quelques jours, Waldemar Kita, le président Nantais, confirmait que son milieu de terrain, Jordan Veretout (22 ans, sous contrat jusqu’en 2017), avait des envies d’ailleurs. Des clubs anglais, dont Tottenham, Liverpool ou encore Southampton, s’étaient penchés sur le dossier Veretout.

Le joueur formé à Nantes pourrait finalement atterrir à Aston Villa, qui poursuivrait ainsi son recrutement très «made in» Ligue 1, étant donné que le club anglais a déjà enrôlé Jordan Amavi (Nice), Idrissa Gueye (Lille) et Jordan Ayew (Lorient). «On est presque d’accord sur tout. Je suis obligé de m’incliner. Il a 22 ans, il est plein d’avenir et il va jouer dans un grand club anglais», a réagi Kita dans L’Équipe de ce mardi, sans dévoiler le nom de la formation pour laquelle devrait s’engager Veretout. Un accord pourrait être trouvé dès ce mardi pour le transfert de Veretout.

Â