Jose Angel Crespo

Qwpzxjor1

Lmao using an EA Fifa game to judge players negatively before they've even arrived here makes me wonder if I'm completely out of touch.

Not at all, it doesn't really mean anything. I only put it on here because of the RM thing, his rating doesn't mean too much because as I said, players for top teams get hyped up on there and players at lesser teams get looked over a little.

In an ideal world, it would have been good to sign a better RB, bomb Hutton and have Bacuna as cover. (or of course play Richards there, which is still a possibility, although looking less likely)

As it stands, we are either committing funds to other positions in the team and RB will be a possible weak spot OR another RB will join later in the window and Hutton will go.

It's hard to grasp the overall picture until the window closes. I sense disappointment in this signing, compared to others we've bought in (quite rightly). We need to get to September though, to see who has remained from last season and who has been added. It is perfectly acceptable that not every signing is going to be of the £9-£12 million mark.

Like others, I reckon this is a utility player who will start 38 games on the bench giving us some cover across the park.

I have heard the fee is about £500k and you wouldn't get Jordan Bowery for that.

Flexible and experienced - :P

Does this mean the defensive now looks like (in no particular order):

RB - Hutton; Bacuna; Richards; Crespo

CB - Clark; Okore; Richards; Baker; Crespo; Senderos

LB - Amavi; Bennett; Richardson; Crespo; Cisshoko

And that's without including the U21 players coming through.

From that I think we could easily lose Hutton, Senderos, Bennett and Cisshoko and retain a strong defensive squad for the season.

Crespo fitting into all 3 roles helps with the trimming of the chaf.

• Like 3

This really is a strange one, but the other new signings I am impressed with, so I trust their judgement on this one.

Looks like he thinks our cover players are not up to much either.

I wonder if there are more surprises to come.

They aren't up to much are they? Shit like Chris Herd and Tony **** Moon. Useless tat. It's why we've nearly been relegated 4 years on the bounce. I'm glad we are ripping the squad apart, let's get it done.

Absolutely. And I am judging this chap on his price, but considering it is the continent, with its' better value prices, he might well be on a par with, or better than, Baker.

So what is the ideal number of defenders 10?  If so who will they be?

Squad    Hutton, Bacuna, Crespo, Richards, Clark, Okore, Baker, Amavi, Bennett, Richardson

Out         Senderos and Cisshoko?

Or one more out and another new CB?

Squad    Hutton, Bacuna, Crespo, Richards, New CB, Clark, Okore, Baker, Amavi, Bennett

Out         Senderos, Cisshoko, Richardson?

Edited by Gary Thomas

Their fans also seem to rate him.

From @CordobaCFinEng on Twitter: He stood out last season as a La Liga quality player. Comfortable at LB or CB. Hopefully will adapt well to England and Premiership. He did a solid job defensively in a poor team last season. His positional play is good and he's generally very disciplined. Talent's definitely there (one of first names on team sheet here), I think it will be question of how well he adapts/settles

• Like 1

A few thoughts on José Ángel Crespo, soon to be joining #AVFC. First and foremost, versatile. Came through Sevilla ranks as a CB and that...

...remains his best role for me. Can also play as LB, RB and even midfield. Very much a ‘stopper’ CB. Limited technically, but will offer...

plenty of presence in the air, clearing danger, and with blocking. Plays direct passes, takes few risks, best to keep it that way...

…and not make him spend too much time on ball. Like I say, best in a CB role. Bargain at reported €1m fee. #AVFC get a solid squad player.

• Like 1

Will be a decent utility player to replace Lowton and probably won't be on that much in terms of wages.

And this is why I don't take much stock in anything the media (especially the British media) say - the club do their transfer business quietly and we often get stuff like this just come out of nowhere.

1429197603_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THAT **** BEARD.

Woo+Rainbow+puke+Found+_3d0e6c2441716226

Look at his Wiki page! It says he won the Seville 2008 hipster of the year award for.....his beard! :hooray:

Reminds me in so many ways of Luna. Plays full back, he's unheard of, he's Spanish, he's got a good beard. I just hope he doesn't compare to him in terms of ability!

Like others, I reckon this is a utility player who will start 38 games on the bench giving us some cover across the park.

I have heard the fee is about £500k and you wouldn't get Jordan Bowery for that.

Flexible and experienced - :P

Does this mean the defensive now looks like (in no particular order):

RB - Hutton; Bacuna; Richards; Crespo

CB - Clark; Okore; Richards; Baker; Crespo; Senderos

LB - Amavi; Bennett; Richardson; Crespo; Cisshoko

And that's without including the U21 players coming through.

From that I think we could easily lose Hutton, Senderos, Bennett and Cisshoko and retain a strong defensive squad for the season.

Crespo fitting into all 3 roles helps with the trimming of the chaf.

This, to me, is beginning to look like quite an astute signing.

From @davidjaca on Twitter:

A few thoughts on José Ángel Crespo, soon to be joining #AVFC. First and foremost, versatile. Came through Sevilla ranks as a CB and that remains his best role for me. Can also play as LB, RB and even midfield. Very much a ‘stopper’ CB. Limited technically, but will offer plenty of presence in the air, clearing danger, and with blocking. Plays direct passes, takes few risks, best to keep it that way and not make him spend too much time on ball. Like I say, best in a CB role. Bargain at reported €1m fee. #AVFC get a solid squad player.

I am warming to this signing. Not maybe as strange as I first thought.

From @davidjaca on Twitter:

A few thoughts on José Ángel Crespo, soon to be joining #AVFC. First and foremost, versatile. Came through Sevilla ranks as a CB and that remains his best role for me. Can also play as LB, RB and even midfield. Very much a ‘stopper’ CB. Limited technically, but will offer plenty of presence in the air, clearing danger, and with blocking. Plays direct passes, takes few risks, best to keep it that way and not make him spend too much time on ball. Like I say, best in a CB role. Bargain at reported €1m fee. #AVFC get a solid squad player.

Likey long time.  Sounds like a bit of a James Collins style player.  Which isn't a bad thing if he doesn't suffer from rushes of blood to the head and unpredictable bouts of acceleration.

• Like 1

Â